Agnostic.com

3 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard this, this morning and I see it as the same old story. Wealthy employers exploit their employees who are either too ignorant or stubborn to make changes in a lifestyle that is so obviously harmful. What get me is that many of these people want their kids to follow in their footsteps.
Some time ago I went to a rally with dozens of other who were protesting the extension of a local refinery. Almost everyone spoke about all the harm to their community this extension would cause. One guy got up and said the refinery provided a good income for him and he wanted this for his SIX kids!

The saddest part is that the victims actively worked to hurt themselves. They were persuaded to fight health regulations that might have protected them. To me this situation like many others represents a gross failure of our education system at all levels. We need everyone to be able to think, not just parrot nonsense.

This could have been avoided but this is still another reason why burning coal for energy should be completely stopped.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:247593
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.