Agnostic.com

54 8

To what extent do you believe "with age comes wisdom?"

On this, I am personally conflicted. Probably has a lot to do with how much a person is learning oriented.

Also, I think there is some wisdom in innocence that children have. We can learn bad things as well as good.

What do you think?

silvereyes 8 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a child I possessed a profound wisdom in that I never questioned anything. To just be here was wonderful. Then along came knowledge. ruined it all.

Personally I think with common sense comes wisdom. With age comes experience.

I think it is simply not very helpful to try and make generalisations like this. Some people get wiser when they get older, some other people let their brain rot away due to inactivity and consumption of large quantities of alcohol. Some others think their age entitles them to have a strong opinion on something of which they do not have the slightest clue (see exhibit A: Brexit).
Personally I am often impressed by the wisdom, skills and capabilities some very young people can already develop. I have no idea if it is nature or nurture that really makes the difference.

Absolutely 100%.....young me knew it all and got no where...40 year old me would like to kick 20 year old me's ass

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.