Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK The ugly truth behind beauty magazines

If you read fashion/beauty magazines...

HippieChick58 9 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Without the air-brushing, photo-shop techniques, etc, etc, those mags would be defunct in no time at all.

Even Health magazine invariably shows impossibly thin and fit swimsuit models in their 20s on the front cover. It was discouraging.

I canceled Health magazine in disgust.

I call those models " Papercut Women" because one simple touch and you'll probably cut yourself to pieces.

With fashion magazines, you are actually paying to be advertised to. It's amazing to me that anyone still reads looks at these idiotic things.

I saw a documentary about Cuba some time ago. It was so lovely, they don't have ads there, nobody tell them that it is not ok to be fat, thin, have cellulites etc, etc. These women and men were so happy and proud of their bodies, no matte how they looked. Let's get rid of all ads everywhere.

Hey, it IS your body, the only one you'll ever have, be proud of it because it IS you and only YOU.

Nope, I don't do magazines. I am what I am.

Fashion magazines are catalogs, pure and simple.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:248894
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.