Agnostic.com

16 17

How important is playfulness and humor in a relationship?

Personally, I think it ranks in the top 5 of what I look for. It can help ease tensions during difficult times, I love it in the bedroom, and generally makes for a happier relationship/ life.

BeeHappy 9 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's ONE of the main ways to my heart. This is so funny! ?

Absolutely essential.

Finding her tickle spots but not continuing,to the abuse level,then soft caresses,hand warmed lotion has it's rewards...

Nice!

@BeeHappy Being a very gentile lover,makes for a happy girlfriend and maybe later wife. No rough sex(unless she want's it).

Ugh.

Carin Level 8 Dec 23, 2018

For me, it is really important. There are those folks who just don't have that in them and that's OK too, but they would not be right for me.

My feelings exactly.

@BeeHappy Even with your friends, the ones that make you laugh are the ones you enjoy being around the most.

@Sticks48 So true! ?

This example is a bit extreme but, for me, it is a core feature of a successful and loving relationship. Teasing can and often does lower the frustrations that are present in every relationship.

My parents talked and laughed every day. That's what I want.

Love humor, witty banter and playfulness.

What a good example to have.

Poor Frank, not even for Christmas.

I know, right? Lol

I wouldn't want a relationship that didn't include playfulness and humor.

Me neither!

My wife is so incredibly playful. She's also got a great handle on the absurdity of life and how laughter is the only appropriate response thereto. It's one of the best features of our relationship.

My sense of humor is very dry and I can't "make" myself be funny ... but I crack her up just by being myself. We make a good team.

That's great!

tops

Absolutely!

Humor is the one thing that can get you through just about anything ! An absolute necessity in my book .

I'm right there with you.

It is an essential ingredient in my eyes,

Ditto! ?

I think that as soon as a sense of playfulness and humor becomes absent in a relationship then that relationship is on it's way downhill.

I totally agree!

Thank you, I just did a spit-take on my computer

(Diet Sprite if it matters)

Sorry... not sorry! ?

@BeeHappy Seriously though, my ex lost her sense of playfulness a long long time before the split. It was pretty much the straw that broke my back about 3 years ago when I pointed out the hole in the back pocket of her jeans, and she swatted my hand away, saying "Leave my hole alone!"

So from that point on I have not gone near her hole. 😛

I agree with you. My sense of humor is an acquired taste though.

JK666 Level 7 Dec 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:249870
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.