Agnostic.com

12 2

Can anyone tell me what being "tagged" means on this website. I saw a little red garbage can at the top of my response to a post.
Does it mean that my response was a worthless piece of garbage?

ashley44 7 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just means your name was included in a response

The trash can means you can delete the post.

It means that the message they are sending is meant specifically for YOU and usually in response to a message you sent.

I thought it meant that I can delete my comment whenever I want. They don't like it? Screw them and the horse they rode in to.

Now, you're "it."

JimG Level 8 Feb 16, 2018

They have tagged you specifically for a specific comment you made. The@ on their comment will tag them back with your comment.

Just figured out how to use that...lol

"...worthless piece of garbage?" Maybe some therapy is in order.

To be tagged simply means someone else has included your username in a post or reply, either because they think you'll find interesting or, most often, because they're replying to something you said.

If you click on the red garbage can, you get an option to delete your own post - which can be useful! It appears on all your own posts and replies.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 16, 2018

@ashley44 <this is a tag

The garbage can is there in case you wish to delete your own post; the rest of us cannot see the can on someone else's post

When your tagged in a post that just means someone wants to make sure that you are sent an alert about it. It makes sure you get a notification about the post so you can read it. Tags also inform people of the subject in an OP which means original post.

All questions and responses on this site are a worthless piece of garbage.

Dude are you okay??

@Pooska Had a few scotches and feeling fine my friend. 😉

So nice of you to include yourself. 🙂

@Whathappensnow wine for me tonight! It makes me all warm and fuzzy 🙂

@ASTRALMAX Yep I include myself buddy and said in jest. I don't put LOL after an unfunny or funny comment I make, I love the different responses I get. I do however give a 🙂 or a 😉 sometimes.

@Pooska A few good triple scotches, with a few beers makes me joyful. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24992
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.