Agnostic.com

11 2

How many schedule?

Isn't it great to plan things out?

Recently, I learned about time blocking on Goggle calendars and I have a tablet of paper with columns for each day of the week. I also like to make a list of things I need to do or ought to do and enjoy checking off accomplishments.

Then, I also can see what I didn't accomplish to set a new list of prioroties and eventually get everything done. So far this holiday, my bathrooms are sparkling, my laundry is washed, I have plenty of food for they holidays, saw a holiday event, finished some studies, and made some photos to share. I think I'll grab the tablet and line up my laptop to try time blocking. Gillian Perkins had a free YouTube video about it and she's quite an example. You're welcome to elaborate on your answers.

• 9 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 7 votes
WarmFluffy 7 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Before I retired, I was an excellent list maker. That task was a central part of my life , allowing me to have a career. adequately nurture two beautiful children, cook two meals a day, pack a lunch for my husband, enjoy fun times with husband family and friends, volunteer for political causes and create a comprehensive internet gallery for depression glass which was my hobby. Now I rely on Google Calendar to remind me of my obligations. One of the greatest joys of retirement is doing what I want to do when I want to do it.

I hope to make a job with that flexibility as I love working.

Hahaha, nope. Every time I try any of that, I forget entirely or my body goes LOLNOPE or life throws a spanner in the works. I do what I can when I can and make as few scheduled appointments as possible.

At my overtime peak I can entirely relate to that and I like list making

I make this shit up as l go. Flexibility and adaptability are two of my strong suits.

An organized person, I plan ahead and block out time to get things done. When close to running out of an ingredient, I write it on a list.

My keys and purse go in the same place to easily find them.

On a week-at-at-glance calendar from National Geographic, I keep track of appointments and enjoy beautiful nature photography.

Since I hike and volunteer as a college mentor, my schedule varies each week.

I am definitely not a list maker or scheduler. I put nonroutine appts on my phone calendar, and leave reminder notes (paper or electronic) for the stuff that's easy to forget.

Zster Level 8 Dec 23, 2018

No need to keep a schedule for me. I know what needs to be done, and
when I need to do it.
The only lists I make are grocery lists. Once I need more than four things, I
start writing it all down.

It helps to have things organized, no doubt about that. The level of detail varies from person to person though

I've been making lists my whole life. I still forget to do something now and then, but generally speaking, I do what's on my lists. After I retired, the temptation was to try and get everything done as soon as possible. I've learned to always leave something for tomorrow.

I schedule everything on our family schedule. My boys are alerted when they have chores, wake up, practice, appointments, etc.

I’m the Queen of Lists. ?

I make—-and follow/check-off—- lists pretty much daily. I also have week-month- and year lists.

Scheduling definitely helps keep track of what needs to be done and what you have accomplished.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:250321
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.