Agnostic.com

11 14

"Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?""

Annie Dillard, 'Pilgrim at Tinker Creek'

Happy Friday 🙂

Knitfreak 7 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You clearly missing one thing Annie, who told the Priest? James

Leon Level 5 Feb 17, 2018

You clearly missing one thing Annie, who told the Priest? James

The Church got rid of Purgatory, it was getting them bad press and there was no money in it. James

Your right, one could not make up these horror stories if one tried.

That is excellent!

Catholic priests in my days would give a whole different answer. Not heaven. Not hell. But purgatory. I was taught by the nuns that babies that died before baptism went to purgatory. For ever and ever. Is purgatory no longer a "thing" in catholicism these days?

NZVee Level 4 Feb 16, 2018

They told me, they were all stuck in Limbo, the dingy bus station waiting room of the afterlife, and the bus was never coming.

Funny this, I don’t remember doing anything before I was born and I ended up with an original sin. What the hell did I do, I didn’t, drink, smoke, or run around with strange women before I was born? James

Leon Level 5 Feb 16, 2018

That's beautiful!!

Nuff said!!

Perfect

Love it...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25039
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.