Agnostic.com

30 4

Public gym vs fitness home dvds?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Public gym ,getting out of the house is good

I have a gym membership, cannot afford a home gym. It's a nice place that open like all the time. I tend to go when it is not crowded. They also have a nice ballet room where I can practice some of my folk dance routines.

I have a home gym, but have had gym memberships more than once. I like both, but prefer the convenience of exercising at home. I get the appeal of going to the gym for many because they NEED to be immersed in that environment as part of their motivation. Also, gym EQ ain't cheap. I have an elliptical I bought new, but got a great deal on it, and I bought a multi-station gym on Craigslist for $500 that does everything I need (only one weight stack though so only one person can use it at a time). If you mainly want to do floor routines or Zumba, and have a nice surround sound system, then DVDs are great.

I agree also with what others have said about crowded gyms. Especially if you go during "rush hour." Early mornings and right after work; fugheddaboutit. I had a 24HR Fitness membership for a long time and used to go in at 3am. It was perfect. LOL!

if I'm going to sit and watch people exercise its going to be at home

Public gym. I go to 24 Hour Fitness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.