Agnostic.com

5 4

LINK A Message for the Anti-Vaccine Movement - YouTube

A cute PSA put together in the middle of the Jimmy Kimmel Show, for a bunch of idiots who were dumbed down by Facebook posts.

snytiger6 9 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No Jimmy....they are more afraid of mercury and bad batches of vaccines that causes irreversible damage. And I will believe doctors when they stop getting kickbacks from big pharma companies to push their products. Another problem is many of the vaccines that are 'required' by the schools in Texas, otherwise you can't attend, are not life threatening, nor effective. HPV is just one example.

And, here I thought cervical cancer killed women. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

@Rob1948 It does...but like I said, the HPV vaccine is not effective. My daughter was forced by the state to get this otherwise she couldn't attend school, and guess what...didn't stop her from contracting. Luckily they found it before the cancer metathesized, and during a routine PAP exam after her pregnancy. But as usual, you can't have a debate on here logically without 'proving' you have actually read and have experience with the subject...although the people you routinely argue against are just spouting media fed rhetoric, no real investigation themselves. Some vaccines are good, some are not. Believing that everything in a group is good and perfect, without any doubt is naive.

@jondspen sorry about your daughter. No vaccine is 100% effective. Unfortunately.

@jondspen Not all vaccines are 100% effective. In some cases all we have are mostly successful vaccines. However, you cna get the vaccine, and have a small (low percentage) chance that it wont' work, or not get the vaccine and have a 100% chance of being vulnerable.

Vaccines also don't work as well when the disease mutates. viruses tend to mutate a great deal, which is, in part, why there is no cure for the common cold. It is possible your daughter's HPV was a mutation, which would make it a different (even if similar) organism for which she was vaccinated for. Still, the vaccination may have been effective enough to clow teh cancer growth to where they found ti in time.

The flu shot is another example. If you get the flu shot it won't always stop you from getting the flu. But also, those who ge the shot, if they get the flu, they are also much less likely to die from it.

I was vaccinated for all the childhood diseases, but in my adulthood devloped an autoimmune disorder which reacts to (some) vaccinations to where the autoimmune flare up can be worse than what I am getting vaccinated for. I still judiciously(meaning I get vaccinated for the stuff that is really bad to get) get vaccinated though.

It's all risk versus benefits. If you have a question about a vaccine, ask about if the vaccine doesn't prevent disease i hour case would the disease be slowed down or not as sever with the vaccination. In almost all cases it will.

@snytiger6 You can also get a vaccine and it eat away your joints and hips. And b/c big pharma lobbies congress with kickbacks...if it takes your doctor over 3 years to figure out what caused it...you're shit out of luck b/c the window to file a claim against the company is closed. So you lose your ability to work, need a hip replacement (on your dime), and the company is safe by poisoning the population with bad batch of vaccine. True story from a close friend of mine. But hey, keep believing the people who make money off the industry...

And your argument is fine...except there is no reason to ask...b/c the state has mandated you have to get it, by law...or your kids can't attend school. Then you get thrown in jail and your kids taken by the state b/c of child neglect (since they are not at the required government ran education camps - where they don't educate them for adult jobs, nor protect them from school shooting).

If anyone has ever seen a child dying from Tetanus then they'd surely be first in line to have their child vaccinated.
As a nurse I saw such a thing happen and believe me it IS not a pretty sight to see.

Un-vaccinated should not be allowed in schools or daycares.

In my honest opinion Parents who refuse to have their children vaccinated should be charged with both Child Abuse and Deliberate Endangerment of a Childs' life.
In addition, sites promoting Non-Vaccinations, such as Facebook, etc, SHOULD be charged with Aiding and Abetting Child Abuse and the Reckless Endangerment of a Childs' Life.

Old enough to remember the real fear of rampant polio....public service movies in the cafeteria after lunch about how living in an iron lung ain't so bad (still available for your viewing pleasure on Youtube... search "iron lung PSA" ). Anti-vaxxers are socially irresponsible morons...plus you never hear them talk about how frail Aunt Mary is going to enjoy the whooping cough little Jimmy gave her.......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252076
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.