Agnostic.com

8 1

Friday night-Are you home alone in your PJ's?

I have not gone out on a Friday or Saturday night with friends for almost 2 years now. (2 years as of May 1st) All my friends work or have families to take care of. My local friends, that is. Since I can't drive ever with my horrible eye sight, I have to get rides with available friends. Once again, I'm left to my own devices at my place. It gets scary to walk around my neighborhood. There are mostly restaurants, and that is it. No bars either. The library is downtown. I never ride the bus at night. Especially downtown. Too many creeps and homeless people. What are you doing tonight?

Sarahroo29 8 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm home in shorts, a robe, and rubber shoes. The shoes keep my neurophy feet warm. I have no PJ's and sleep in a T shirt and socks.

Here in NZ there are generally not too many creeps hanging around the streets - I generally get into the PJ's and if there is nothing on NETFLIX I will head towards the book that I'm reading. Sadly, last week the one remaining video shop in our capital city - Wellington - closed its doors - I felt like I had lost a friend. The same store that closed was the one I rented Freebie and the Bean back in early 1986 on VHS - Now it's all phones and laptops. I used to hang out at my video shop rather than at the bar.

Blockbuster and Hollywood Videos closed years ago.

@Sarahroo29 We had a Blockbuster here in Porirua - when it was booming, there were four video shops in central Porirua - but the more films went on line the more the shops started to die off - until the last video shop - AMALGAMATED - last winter - which is June/July/August here in the Southern Hemisphere - closed down and was converted into a laundry.

@Eltopoman Oh, okay.

@Sarahroo29 You are Vietnamese I see - My granddaughter's mother is Lao. And I grew up with many people in my childhood including some Burmese people - Mon, I think.

Yep, as a matter of fact, I am. I’m actually lying in bed right now while I answer this question. All here alone in my pjs. Most of my good friends has moved like three hours away.

so how will you handle that in the long run?

Awe.

Today is the only day I have off from both of my jobs, so I went out to run some errands. Eventually I ended up at a local coffee shop where I drank coffee and wrote for a couple of hours...I get to sleep in on Saturday, since my job tomorrow doesn't begin until 11:30...WOO-HOO!

I work at 11 am. My sleeping in is until 6 am every day. I got 10 hrs of sleep.

Yes I am. They comfy to.

Yes I am. They comfy to.

Good.

Playing online poker and not really watching crap tv. Maybe Sunday I will venture out, there is 2 open mics close to me.

Cool.

Heading to work at this very moment.

Fun. Lol.

@Sarahroo29 Always... cough
Luckily I had an easy night. Someone who actually works closed last night. So, thanks to her, it was smooth sailing.

@NeoXerops Nice.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25229
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.