Agnostic.com

7 1

Could Jesus be based off Aphrodite or the Buddha?

A minority viewpoint is that Jesus never existed. He seems to be a compilation of mythical figures and concepts by my understanding and reading of the Scriptures. Could the Jesus figure be a male version of Aphrodite or a Jewish interpretation of the Buddha from eastern folktale?

SeanBab 4 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Look up Horus vs Jesus. Study the Hindu faith for the philosopy.

I am also an agnostic on the existence of a biblical Jesus. I have read on many of the similarities. I had a big like of links of "him" and Alexander the Great.

Among many others.

Everything in the Goat-herders Guide to the Galaxy ( aka bible) is 'pirated/plagiarized from innumerable other cultures/civilizations that existed and thrived long before the Abrahamic religions were even dreamed into being.

Many ideas in the Christian religion can be traced to Plato. Buddha? Maybe?

That makes more sense than a literal interpretation of the gospels. We know that there were virgin birth myths before the Jesus myth. There were also resurrection myths prior to the gospels.

I really don't see the reason why not, although personally it doesn't matter to me whether Jesus existed or not. It's the surrounding mythical aura that causes nuisance to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:252660
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.