Agnostic.com

2 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was married and the kids were young, I did it all. All the cooking, shopping, mailing, organizing, decorating, etc. I asked the ex one year what he would help with and he told me NONE of it, as it wasn't important to him. The most I got from him was proofreading the letter for the cards. Then a few years before we divorced I reread some of the past letters, and that was one of the steps that led me down the path to divorce. The ex was off in his own little world separate from the kids and I. As I live alone I now don't decorate, or bake or cook special stuff, minimal shopping, and don't send cards or letters, and it suits me just fine.

This is specific only to me, and I am not implying this is a widespread or common thing.

However, I recognize some women have these incredibly long lists of things they must accomplish during the holidays. Some of the women who have been in my life, from relatives and others, certainly have. Know what none of them have done?

Ask me for help.

My ex threw a fit at me for something like this. She had to do x, x and x, and there I was playing video games or something. She never asked. I'm not a mind reader. Her reply was something like "you should know" or "I've been giving you hints I needed help."

I'm bad at reading hints, too. Women are the greater sex, I'm just a buffoon. I appreciate you putting up with me, and I'm happy to help, but I can't unless you tell me.

Autistic? Sounds like me, and I'm an "Asparagus', as I jokingly call my type of autism.

@Petter I think I'm just awful at reading women! Or men, or people. xD

Fair point. Communication is huge in any relationship.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.