Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK In Iraq visit, Trump makes false claims about military pay again

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s visit to Iraq this week brought with it another round of controversy surrounding White House claims about military pay, as the commander in chief again incorrectly claimed he provided the troops with their first raise in more than a decade.

“You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years. More than 10 years!” he told a crowd of applauding service members during his remarks at Al Asad Air Base in Iraq on Wednesday. “And we got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

Trump has repeatedly claimed that troops hadn’t seen a pay raise during President Barack Obama’s time in the White House. In fact, troops have seen a pay raise of at least 1 percent every year for more than 30 years.

HippieChick58 9 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He did not give them a raise of 10% the idiot.

It's amazing how many lies comes out of that mans mouth. Doesn't he realize that he won't get elected for an 2nd term or impeachment is any day now. If he got impeached on my birthday, it would be a great present to me and the country.

Angry Orange ? Clown doesn't know the truth and cannot comprehend that not everyone falls for his bullshyt.

Blatant liar!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.