Agnostic.com

7 2

What makes you feel nostalgic?

For me, it is the smell of the crisp air in Autumn. A few songs also turn me towards the past. What triggers a sense of nostalgia for you?

silvereyes 8 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sunny, cloudless blue skies. I spent a lot of time staring at the sky as a kid. Warm, clear days take me back to a time when I was bursting with potential and excitement for what life had to offer.

Generally smells trigger for me. There are 3 songs which instantly produce tears, all related to the death of one person 20 years ago.

Pictures of long past good times and good memories always evoke nostalgic feelings with me. Sometimes, old songs have the same effect on me.

SamL Level 7 Oct 30, 2017

Music from when I was child that my dad would play me, listening to the music while driving during fall when the trees are beautiful colors. It reminds me of a simpler time as a kid and only really knowing love in my life.

We would also drive to Florida several times a year when I was younger, so sometimes if I'm awake in the early hours and a breeze is going I can look out the window and remember when we would be in the car almost there and smelling the beach. Filled with excitement!

The memory of smells is probably the most reliable in accuracy and duration. For me, the smell of creosote and freshly cut grass takes me straight back to one spring day 1967 when I was 4 years old, as if it was only yesterday. 🙂

I suspect that it has to do with the way it works at the quantum level.

Definitely music- especially alternative bands from the 90s and early 2000s make me think of all the fun times I had w/my hubby and close friends at concerts while crowdsurfing over mosh-pits.

Cheap music? So Nirvana, STP, Soundgarden, The Offspring, Green Day, Linkin Park,etc all suck? Many of us also listen to other types of music too, so I don't see the point of throwing all 'rock' music under the bus.

silvereyes- it's the music of my generation, and I love the pumped up feeling that alt music gives me. So sad that so many talented artists have taken their own lives. But some classical really makes you feel like you're on an opiate- it's soothing like Bach and Antonio Vivaldi.

Summertime at the park near my house when I was a kid. I was in Little League and I remember the smell of popcorn wafting from the concession stand and the taste of a cold Pepsi after the game.

Baseball parks have the best dogs. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2538
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.