Agnostic.com

31 5

How do you explain to others that you have morals and ethics despite not being religious?

AnnaMD 5 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is no point. They will never believe you. All you can do is be yourself. If they distance themselves from you, just remember that they place gods and devils above themselves, which means that family and friends come 2nd or 3rd in their existence. Their 'love' is corrupt.

I tell them I believe in doing the best for mankind, and I don’t need the threats provided by a religion to motivate me.

"Never complain and never explain." Benjamin Disraeli

“Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.”

Praxis, the combination of theory and practice. You discuss what morality and/or ethics means in fact. These concepts have changed fundamentally by time, culture, etc.Then you evidence what is moral and/or ethical to you. I essentially treat others well and with respect unless they act in some egregiously heinous ways towards others.

Hi ?? I’m a human being and with a human being I recognize other human beings.
And since I can directly relate to other human beings and not invisible god’s I have chosen to accept and treat other human beings as i would want to recognized and treated

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:253944
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.