Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Sears closing 80 more stores in March as it faces possible liquidation

The Sears near me always looks devoid of cars in the parking lot and almost no foot traffic... I'm amazed they are still in business (yet I fear sooner or later both Sears and Kmart are going to disappear).

DGJ0114 7 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have to admit the only times I have gone to sears lately has been for price comparisons, where Sears didnt' come out well.

It’s been a big deal here as well, the disappearance of high street shops. We had the iconic national warehouse chain go under. And I know it’s been bad in England as well. All down to the rise of online shopping.

Sears is such an American icon it's sad to see it go.

Sears has been struggling for years. Quite a few years ago I went there for the last time. Standing in line, the cashier kept pushing some program that required name, phone number, address, email, etc., get some kind of rebate (and if I remember correctly, a gift certificate K-Mart...which made no sense, except for the fact that they had merged a few years before). Half the people were saying yes, then the transaction would take 10 minutes or more. It was bizarre. If there was a line of 10 customers, it took more than an hour to get checked out. Reading articles over the years seem to confirm that every program they designed to get customers back actually pushed customers away. It's too bad, really.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:254182
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.