Agnostic.com

15 29

Cascade Mountains at sunrise

This is where I live in Wenatchee, Washington.

My friend Suellen took this photo from her house in East Wenatchee on December 26, 2018.

The Columbia River flows south from Canada. You can see the confluence of the Wenatchee River that means "River of the Rainbow Robe" according to Wenatchi Indian legend.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful photo! I recently went up into the fresh snow on my side of the Cascades. I can't figure out how to share photos on your post. Maybe I'll just share them in my own post.

• did not realize the Columbia River went through Wenatchi. I live on the other end of the river. I guess if the drive to see you is to long I could always take a boat. I do not have a boat and am afraid of being on the water here. Too much stuff to run into.

@dalefvictor

Today the main stem of the Columbia River has 14 dams. Three are in Canada and 11 are in the U.S.

@LiterateHiker I meant logs and tree stumps, my vision is not the greatest and I have no experience of running a boat.

Beautiful view looking west. I also get some gorgeous views looking west to the Olympics. We also have some good views of the Cascades and Mt. Baker. One day, in the ferry line I noticed people all heading outside with their cameras. There was a great view of the moon rising right over Mt. Baker. We do live in an amazing place.

What a gorgeous place to live! I love those mountains.

@Enchanter

I feel fortunate to live in such a unique and magnificent valley.

a magnificent view

Glorious! How lucky you are to have such magnificence on your doorstep!

Nice. My son visits this area (The NW U.S.) all the time now with his job, and has fallen in love with it. It is one of the few areas in the country that I have not visited. I've not been to Maine, Indiana, Alaska, Washington or Oregon. One of my bucket list items was to see all the National Parks, but I doubt if I will accomplish it. I've seen most ?.

If I visited for the first time, I'd prefer to visit in early summer (July). I myself, live at a lower elevation in the pacific NW, where snow is infrequent. I don't like the cold.

Gorgeous!

UUNJ Level 8 Dec 29, 2018

My heart hurts for the West.

Here in Colorado we are just a dust bowl. It has not rained or snowed other that brief drops and flurries this entire season. Our once beautiful lake is now just a dusty memory. It is very sad.

@GuyKeith Climate change means changes in global weather patterns. The lack of rain may not be permanent, but rain patterns in general will be much less consistent from year to year. And, yes iot is sad.

Wow. Awesome!

Will put this place on my bucket list - for next time I’m in NW country...

I used to go there many times when I was growing up.

I love Wenatchee. My sister lives there, and I love visiting that beautiful place.

@BestWithoutGods

It would be fun to meet when you visit Wenatchee. I could take you on a beautiful day hike if you like. What an offer.

@LiterateHiker Thanks. I'll let you know next time I visit. 🙂

You're teasing me now

@courreurDeBois

This photo was taken by my dear friend Suellen in East Wenatchee, WA this week.

@LiterateHiker Wow. I'd have guessed it to have been in Oregon not too far from Medford and Crater Lake.

Just Wow!

I know where to find views like this. Care to share?

@RileyStevens Of course. Let's go see them 🙂

That is gorgeous! I would just want to stare at that view.

CS60 Level 7 Dec 28, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:254198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.