Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Why the IPCC Report is so Scary - YouTube

If I love as long as my father did, about another 30 years. or so, I'll be witnessing the possible beginning of the end of the human race.

snytiger6 9 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think we are past the point of no return. I think all the efforts toward "fixing" the climate change are good for the research. But, there is no way humans can stop the changes.

That the Sun appears to be in a reduced output may help in the short term.

But, the tundra is melting.

I am in agreement with James Lovelock's ideas he shared about 15 years ago (since modified). Near the end of this century the population of humans will be between 10 and 20 percent of current.

Wars, famine, water shortages, water rise, desert expansions, weather changes,... It seems clear that some nukes will be used.

I think humans will survive unless big rocks whop us into total stoopid.

Despit the unlikelihood of success, I do think we still shoudl try to slow it down if no turn it around. Or, generally do out best to keep humans alive.

@snytiger6 . . The tech that is coming out of all research is valuable.

. . . I don't care about humans surviving. I think it will happen.

I wish it could be that the worst of us would be the first to leave the planet.

I have no answers but I do see the problem.

Sad, scary that so many of those in power don't give a fuck.

@Seeker3CO I know. Guess they will have to cook their own food and clean their own homes and raise their own children when they kill all of us off.

@Seeker3CO If it is the beginning of the human race, there won't be any humans around, rich or poor.

@jlynn37 That is sad but probably true, if things don't 'change drastically pretty quickly... which is unlikely. The rich think they will be able to buy their way out of it, as they have for centuries used money to manipulate situations. However no amount of money can manipulate a planet that is no longer hospitable to human life. They might be able to purchase a dealy to their demise, but their demise woudl still be as inevitable as it would be for teh rest of us.

@snytiger6 That is my point exactly.

@jlynn37, @Seeker3CO I am figuring it to be about 500 years out that it will be doubtful that humans will still be surviving.

Don't get me wrong, I really hoep humans do survive, but the way things are going, at this point, I just don't think it to be very likely.

I have to admit i am grateful that i will only see the very tip of the (metaphorical) looming iceberg coming our way

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:255376
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.