Agnostic.com

14 7

QUESTION Most and least religious U.S. states | Pew Research Center

Well, how does your state fall?

Akfishlady 8 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My state California ties for 35th; not bad, but I wonder how many of it's occupants were actually surveyed.

Yeh for New England states. I just love Ct. even with the stupid taxes. It is a pretty state with very liberal views.

West coast rules!

When your talking Fundamentalists, your Southern Bible Belters are more cults than religions. If you are sworn to believe that the Bible is the absolute word of God when it has over 5000 mistakes and more being discovered every day you just went down a few points intellectually. Jimmy Swaggert, Pat Robertson and Joel Olsteen are not by any stretch of the imagination note able Scholars on the subject of Religion. Your talking Money Makers who live in Mega Mansions and fly around the world in their Private Jets because they pay no taxes.

ALL religions are cults. The southeastern states populations are the poorer educated so there is far more that they don't understand which leads to them fearing so much more which motivates them to find 'protection' in the fraud of religion. the leaders like the ones you mention are using fear to steal money from stupid people. It should be a crime and for damned sure should be taxed.

"Colorado - Highly Religious" - snickers.....

Oregon is not in the top 10 least religious, but am sure the west side where I live is pretty non religious. I'll take it.

My state is pretty close to the middle, could be worse I guess.

I need to move back to Maine , but a little further south this time . Great Post ! Thanks for the info ! 👍😀👍

Dougy Level 7 Feb 17, 2018

Most of the religiosity in Washing is on the other side of the "Cascade Curtain" (eastern part).

I've wondered about this. I think it has to do with access to people from other cultures. @Akfishlady

There is a program that aired on the Discovery Channel family some years ago. Many facts about "Dixie" were mentioned. The one that stuck out for me was this: There are more churches per capita in "Dixie" than in any other area of the U.S.

@Akfishlady I live deep in the South, within 50mi of the Gulf of Mexico as the crow flies.

Boooo Texas, y’all are embarrassing me

Yay Massachusetts!!!

This is too good to be a coincidence. On the list of "most obese" states, 4 of the 5 most obese states are also in the top 5 of the most religious states. Suppose some of the believers think you can eat their way into heaven?

[stateofobesity.org]

My state is #10 and my boyfriend's is #5... lmao.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25604
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.