Agnostic.com

17 2

Have you ever flipped someone off?

I won’t deny that I have lol.

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep! My estranged brother-in-law, a real asshole! I can't stand that mofo!!! Had to sue him and his sorry ass son for trying to steal money from us.

Yes, but not proud of it.

Ha! Of course.

Check this bastard out!

I'm driving on the Causeway Bridge (longest bridge over water in the world, BTW) around Thanksgiving. I'm in the left lane of two lanes. I am going faster than the cars on the right, and a tad faster than the speed limit. One is foolish to go much faster because those particular tickets are really high.

This jackass is aggressively riding my ass, so I take my foot off the gas. Yes, passive aggressive way of saying "Go around me if you're in that much of a hurry dickhead." So, he WHIPS barely around me - within inches of my car - and I flip him off.

When he got in front of me and slowed down, I figured he was just playing a stupid game and I didn't care.

What I SHOULD have done is gotten into the other lane and kept going, but I wasn't bothered by his shenanigans.

What he did do, is slow down even more and finally came to a stop. I was stunned into stupidity. We are on a bridge with speed limit of 65!

Then, he actually backed up to my car so I couldn't go around him. I'm telling you, my mind went completely blank! When I slammed on my brakes when he stopped, my phone fell to the floor, and my brain wouldn't even engage to think "Pick up the phone, dial 911, take a picture of him or his plate, video his crazy ass" or ANYTHING. It was freaking surreal, I tell you. So, he gets OUT and starts walking to my car on this bridge.

WHY didn't I put my car in reverse at that time? I am mystified by how badly I froze -- so completely unlike me. He walked back to my car, casually leaned on my hood above my side mirror and gave me some kind of lecture (through my closed window) about not being in the left lane - those are the only couple of words I remembered - then he casually walked back to his car.

And STILL -- I didn't have the brain power to take a picture, call the police or anything.

It scared me, but more than that, it really fucked with me that I FROZE and didn't do ANYTHING I should have done - starting with going around him, then backing up while he was walking, getting plate, etc.

That was the last time I flipped somebody off, but that doesn't mean it will be the last. Just maybe not on that bridge. 🙂

On a daily basis. Of course with the circle I run in it's like our secret handshake...

At times, EVERYONE is in dire need of receiving the fickle flying finger of fate. I'm always happy to accomodate them

Not today but yesterday I'm pretty sure I did.

Certainly have

Yes. Frequently. I'm sure I've done it well over a couple hundred times. It's not necessarily an unfriendly gesture, either. It can be, but among friends it can also be a greeting of sorts.

Yeah, I've even flipped my boss off in jest. He laughs, I laugh.

Oh yeah, here's my favorite

Isn't this part of driver's ed now?

Ah - the one finger gesture - This is the US 'flip off" Get it? Got it

Yep. Occasionally, rude people get to me...

Zster Level 8 Feb 17, 2018

You and me both.

Yes, of course I drive.

Oh, yes, those maniacs can be the freaking worst.

On the wrong day I might be one of them. @EmeraldJewel

Yes, I flipped off my Xian teacher behind her back and some mother saw. I got in school suspension. All because we weren't allowed to play 'secular music" in the classroom.

"Secular' music? Would this include Billy Joel's Only the Good Die Young - Catholics took exception to Billy's critique of Catholicism (Possibly due to Billy being Jewish - that wouldn't help him much) They even sent death threats but Billy played Boston anyway - and didn't get killed

Lol that’s funny. I would have done the same thing. I flipped off my older sister when I was 11 one time because she pissed me off.

Ah I had to look up this Flipping someone off! I guess its an American expression as I never heard it before now lol!

What time is it?

Does a bear $**T in the woods?
Is the pope catholic?
Does Trump lie?
Of course I've flipped people off, lol.

I regularly flip people off!

Jnei Level 8 Feb 17, 2018

Have to , sometimes!

I think one of my heroes is the guy that flipped off Cheney , I think it was. In NOLA.
He yelled it to so it was on the news !!
Where is he now ???? Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25651
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.