Agnostic.com

3 0

Guns Guns Guns

I understand the necessity to create stricter gun laws in order to prevent irresponsible, mentally unstable, and overall incapable people from owning guns.

However, can someone explain the opposition to campus carry? I believe it has its perks when the campus is in a city or has a tendency towards crime.

Example. A girl was walking back from campus late, usually carries a handgun in her purse, but it was a gun free zone so she did not ... Long story short, she was raped and the attacker eventually murdered a different young girl the next week. In this case, possessing a gun on campus would have been beneficial.

logan32195 4 Feb 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As blatantly political as some campuses have become, with a known presence of hotheads and bullies among the student body, I don't really want to see 18-19 yo kids carrying guns without supervision, like the military provides for similar young people.

Man on campus would have raped her then shot her with her own gun. Carrying a gun gives the illusion of safety, not real safety.

That is possible, but I think you are missing the point. In this scenario the girl is choosing to arm herself. If she is not capable of using a gun than it would not be wise for her to carry in the first place. If you had the skill to use a gun, and a situation like this occurred, it seems like a gun-free zone is more like an easy-target zone.

This latest school shooting in Florida is a good example. So many are crying again for gun regulation. We need that for sure because there are guns you do not need to be allowed to own. You also should not be able to buy all these guns legally at 19 when you cannot even buy a car at that age or rent an apartment. The real problem here is that we have lost the meaning of the value of life. Read it again. That's it exactly. The best way of changing this situation for the better is to get rid of our current lying administration and vote them out. This will force change and we all need to vote November of 2018. We can do better than this. We deserve better than this. Vote this November.

I appreciate your recommendation to vote, and I will definitely make a point to. You are a bit incorrect in noting that one cannot buy a car or rent an apartment at 19 because I can assure you that there is no law restricting this.

Certain guns should become harder to obtain, and you are spot on to say certain parts of society no longer appreciate or respect the value of a human life. Even if we vote in new administration what do you think is the solution to increasing the perception of the value of a human life?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.