Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK I expect a lot of "whataboutist" responses to this post.

On the Pakistan Defense site.

PBuck0145 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmm, I wonder how much they would owe the palestinians who had their entire country, essentially, stolen & are now living in a huge walled concentration camp?

You shouldn't really start a conversation with a logical fallacy. It's a good way to stop discussion or demonize any opinion that isn't lock step with yours.

The fact is that either side could be doing this. That's not whataboutism, it's fact. Both sides have done atrocious things to each other. They both need to get their shit together and stop being hypocrites.

I hope they get the money.

Compensation is one of those iffy topics. Just here in the U.S. we have a few possible needs to address if done like Native Americans (include European countries); slave descendants; Japanese Americans. Probably more. Large swaths of African nations' populations could make claims on many countries. I don't have an answer.
I do have a separate question that could solve many nations financial woes - Why not go back to a system of loan forgiveness that existed a couple centuries ago and averaged happening every 60 to 100 years as past generations died.

It's a nice talking point, but if I were the Israelis I wouldn't make any plans to spend the money.

Unfortunately my computer wouldn't let me click on the link. I was curious about your post because this is the first I've heard about the Pakistan Defense site. I must have been too busy to read the news that day?

Carin Level 8 Jan 5, 2019

This is the heading of the article:
"Israel said set to seek $250b compensation for Jews forced out of Arab countries"

If America supports this, then they better do the same for the American Indians.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:259365
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.