Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Samuel Jackson ends debate on millions of peoples' minds

If Samuel Jackson is going to throw in his 2 cents on the mf controversy - game over.

UrsiMajor 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ooh I like your new avatar Ursi! That was totally off topic, I know. Sorry (not sorry)

Thanks. Like any normal shock jock, I iike to stir up the pot a little bit.

I have no problem with the language used at all...sometimes you have to level down so that those who use this type of language repeatedly can "hear"...a president who calls countries shitholes has to expect that people are going to use it right back at him...not saying it is good or bad...just expected...

I do object to the early talk of impeachment...she is a freshman and needs to get her bearings on how things are done...she will see that soon enough as her colleagues refuse to support her...

Obviously, her words as a freshman congresswoman have so much less impact on the lives of others than that motherfucker in the White House...

I think it's a different world with Trump in office and the old ideas of decorum and appropriate behavior are all out the window. I don't know what will ultimately replace it but I don't think we're going back to the way things were pre-Trump.

@jerry99 I certainly hope we don't go back to the days when women cussing were considered crass and vulgar and victorian puritanism was rampant...the internet and tv has made us all immune to language and nothing is shocking to hear to anymore...it is the norm...however, content still carries weight...and when that content is full of lies and misinformation constantly, it becomes very noticeable and objectionable...I get a misstatement of fact or lack of knowledge on all subjects...but character flaws that prevent people from improving as they get more experience is not understandable...and purposeful intent to mislead and hurt others is deplorable behavior...anything that is not this would be better...most people have at least a smidgeon of decorum left that they wish to see retained...

@jerry99 In a world of reality TV, this is how you probably get votes, donations, and support.

@TheMiddleWay I understand what you are trying to say and would mostly agree...except in these times of tRUMP, that is exactly how many of us feel when he speaks at his rallies and paints falsehoods to incite fear and divisiveness..it is terribly unprofessional and unbecoming of his position. I assume your view is the same across the board? That both are unprofessional? People have tried to point this out to him and yet he continues...perhaps this is the trickle down theory at work in the worst way possible.

@TheMiddleWay and how exactly has that worked out? I am not disagreeing with you...I do think we need to hold all of our public figures in high regard and expect them to be as above board as they can...I just think that when someone gets that frustrated and loses their cool, we have to remind ourselves that they are not doing anything that should be so shocking as to warrant the amount of negative attention she is garnering...You can hold people in the highest regard but somewhere along the way, you have to weigh the effectiveness of this...are you willing to pit being professional and being held in such high regard against the obviously working and disgusting tactics of the other side? What is gained is inconsequential when it impacts the lives of so many...optics that are positive seem to be losing and frankly, smiling and sending out positive messages doesn't appear to be working at all...not sure what the solution is, but, feel good quotes aren't cutting it...

@TheMiddleWay and you are entitled to your opinion...and I will exit this conversation following Carlin's quoted advice πŸ˜‰

Hahaha!!!! That’s great!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260789
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.