Agnostic.com

5 3

I solved the universe again today

At first there was nothing.

then something happened

then there was consciousness and matter and rules.

we are all consciousness. this "self" we think we have is an illusion. this 'self" is just a sliver in time-space and the matter that occupies it according to rules. when our matter and rules are gone it's just we're a part of the whole as we always are - just without that filter. there is really no self.

thats all.

JeffMesser 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Universal Consciousness may exist as a property akin to Dark Energy, or as an aspect of one of the dimensions we cannot perceive. This Universal Conscious may well be entirely mundane, like Time, a mere property that completes the equations, or serves as a dimensional placeholder. In other words, not a spiritual nor religious aspect, just another Planck's Constant that helps complete the picture and fulfill the spooky action at a distance . Be cautious that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. We do have evidence for consciousness, and we don't understand it, yet. The caution is against assigning any sort of overly transcendental role to something that may turn out to be entirely prosaic.

thats a good point.

You could test this theory. Just find a highway with lots of semi-trucks traveling at 60+ MPH. Then, at the last second before one reaches you, jump in front of it. Check back with me after the experiment and let me know if your theory is correct.

In today's culture, I must mention that I really don't want you to do this. It is a thought experiment intended to make you re-think your epiphany.

and how does that test my theory?

@kauva If we are only consciousness then how would being run over by a truck harm us?

@sfvpool it harms the body our consciousness is filtered thru. IF you lose your arm are you still you?? we are more than our body but it's a part of us in this time-space reference.

A universal consciousness is too akin to God for my liking.. but the rest is somewhat agreeable. I'd say that at first there was something that we don't yet know what, then a different something which would become our universe, then rules, then matter, then consciousness. I see no reason to believe that consciousness isn't more then just physical brain activity.

Yes, my thought arises because of the electro chemical activity of neuorons.

It’s surprisingly simple.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:260797
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.