Agnostic.com

6 0

Do the Olympic games conflict with the UK school philosophy of "no child should lose" ? Every ones a winner?

magicwatch 7 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't have minded that rule being in place when I was at primary school in London, but I have honestly never heard of it. Wacky!

What age group are you referring to? I've done a fair bit of voluntary work in 11-18 schools and colleges over the past 3 years and they didn't have this policy.

Keep in mind it's not the children demanding this. Kids aren't the ones insisting that everyone gets a participation award or some such nonsense. It's the parents and school faculty. Don't blame kids for the stupid ideas of adults.

Link on ‘no child should lose’?

Where is there something suggesting the UK school philosophy "no child should lose"? My understanding is that the Empire was won on the playing fields of Eaton and was about fair play, sportsmanship, and persevering? I have never seen the UK talk about everyone is a winner.

think you'll find the so called empire was stolen -absolutely no sportsmanship or fair play about it

@wotsthat Why would you judge the 18th Century with 21st Century rules?

No, because "no child should lose" is fucking stupid. They need to learn to deal with disappointment, cultivate the determination to improve, and accept that life doesn't let everyone win, as early as possible.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26136
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.