Agnostic.com

10 3

Guilty Pleasure?

I went without owning a TV for eighteen years. I bought a used one three and a half years ago, and quickly became addicted to Big Brother. My shameful guilty pleasure. What is yours?

LilAtheistLady 7 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since I got priced out of my Portland (OR) apartment, and had to move into my sister's house in Battle Ground (WA), almost every time I am on the other sidee (Oregon side) of th Columbia River, I try to stop in to Old Chicago Pizza, for their thick crust Hawaiian Pizza (personal size)made not just with ham and pineapple, but also red onions, red peppers and a sweet Thai chili pizza sauce. I also have a nice salad and a local micro-brew (dark) beer, and if I am especially hungry I'll also order some boneless wings.

I went without a tv for 25 years mostly because I hate the adverts years and then realised I could get it on my computer without the adverts - now we watch every evening for 2 hours. Don't ask! me and my mate - creatures of habit!

Watching March of the Day on Saturday evening , then re watching it on Sunday morning , whilst enjoying my dippy eggs and soldiers .

I don't feel guilty about pleasure

Re-runs of Person of interest..lol

Why do most people have such low thresholds for both guilt and pleasure?
Mine are more along the lines of having crazy sex with a girl while her kids are waiting for her to collect them from their drop kick father and to be honest the guilt is minimal but the pleasure makes up for it.

fuck yes lol

An angel dancing on the tip of my tongue!! 😉

"Naked and Afraid" - but as someone who has a BA in Pscyh - I put it under the heading of "investigating".

See? big brother was addictive like 16 years ago? I don't have one. Only see the news. But big brother is a thing of the past. You are the first person to mentioned it in about 10 years. Reality tv is addictive but Never been for me. You need to get Current. Whatever current is... zombies? prison? time travel? witchcraft? emergency? I have no idea... I don't watch tv. I do a little Netflix.

Right! I am behind on anything TV. I hadn't owned one for 18 years and bought a used one three and a half years ago. I have just discovered whats on TV relatively recently. 😐

@AtheistLatina55 There are a lot of Crazy things out there... I rather don't become addictive to. So many channels and nothing to watch... and to think I was a Cable Installer Guy!

The tv show that I try to watch is Jeopardy. To see if I can still recall anything. I do get some. Mostly in geography, and things that happen back some years ago. Modern TV and culture, almost not at all. And we like Oregon Public Broadcast and some of the British shows. A few hours a week. In season, on Saturdays, get to watch my college team play. Way to far to go for games.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26143
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.