Agnostic.com

5 0

QUESTION Chris Rock - Black People VS. Niggaz (Bring the Pain 1996) - YouTube

Funny, poignant and true(ish). Although these days I see a lot of "white" anti white liberals. Who do you think is perpetuating racism in America more, liberals or conservatives? Considering most conservatives I know don't care about race at all, but every liberal I know is obsessed with it, I'd say liberals are more racist.

jayneonacobb 7 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, first I think you need to widen your social circle. If you don't know any racist conservatives, and only know race-obsessed liberals, than your sample size is probably too small. Also, there are people who are against the concept of whiteness (and white pride, etc.), which is different from being against "white" people. The problem, and source of much racism, is characterizing people as "white" based on skin color. African-Americans have a culture and a certain sort of lived experience in common apart from their appearance. That is the basis for their association. On the other hand, a wealthy WASP doesn't share a culture (or maybe even a language) with a recent Serbian immigrant from the working class. People who say "why can't we have "White History Month" or "White Pride" because African-Americans have "Black History Month, etc." don't understand the difference. It's fine to have "Irish-American" pride (for example on St. Patrick's Day), or a Greek Festival where most of the celebrants have light-colored skin. Those groups are not considered racist in the same way that "white supremacists" are.

Ok, first of all, you know nothing about who I am friends with. I used to live with three super liberal lesbians who I heard use racial slurs all the time. They used their sexuality to justify their racism. The got so bad and self contradictory that i moved. I moved into a house with my gay friend and my now friend and roommate from Kenya. My gay friend is cobservative, but not racist. My Kenyan friend is a centrist. I have friends from asia, South america, europe, russia, canada, australia of many different backgrounds and ethnicities. That's just the people I talk to on a daily basis IRL. So don't pull that shit on me.

Second of all I'm not saying there should be a white history month. Third I support history being taught as history, not a special kind of it. Being against "whiteness" is still being against white people because they are what defines "whiteness."

Wow.
You sound like a Trump-loving white evangelical southerner, like where I lived in eastern KY for 27 years. Bet you own a MAGA cap, LOL!

I love Chris Rock, and what he says on this video applies to white trash Americans as well, as he said. He has a right to complain about his own race, because many of them are embarrassing him with their attitude, but so do many white trash people. You, however, just seem racist. KKK level even.

Excuse me? The democrats founded the KKK. How is supporting equality considered racist? You don't seem to have a grasp of what racism means.

@jayneonacobb (sigh) The two parties used to stand for the opposite idealogies, but switched places.
Republican leader Teddy Roosevelt was both a progressive who championed Unions and protected the workers and children, and an Imperialist..bullying and threatening other countries, like Columbia, to further his canal agenda. He was also a racist, who claimed that developed, white race countries are superior to non-white nations. He was very Trump-like in many way, but was a fierce (though reckless) fighter as a soldier, and also helped the poor and Unions, which of course Trump doesn't do.

In what possible way were you supporting equality? Nevermind. Whatever, Dude. I've argued with enough Trump followers to know that reason makes no difference to them. They seldom read, they mostly Fox News, so only know the party line.

Come on! Most conservatives YOU know don't care about race, but do most conservatives not care about race? I mean I believe that everyone has become extra sensitive these days, but what? Lol

Well considering I don't see most conservatives blocking students from attending classes or disrupting speakers because of their skin color like liberals do constantly, I'd say liberals are more racist. Liberal obsession with race is paternal racism they often condescend to people who they think can't speak for themselves, treating them like children. That's racist.

@jayneonacobb I really don't know what you're talking about.

@Piece2YourPuzzle look up UC Berkeley riots, or Milo, Ben Shapiro, Stephen Crowder, or Gavin McGinnis blocked from speaking.

@jayneonacobb What the hell does that have to do with the topic of race?

@Piece2YourPuzzle listen to what those kids say. Go look up college students protesting racism by blocking students from attending classes.

Liberals are more divisive as far as race and political opinions go. They literally harass you for saying something like "I like that black comedian" by saying "that's racist" when all you did was complement a black man for being funny.

Would you say "I like that white comedian". Yup liberal.

@RavenCT I wouldn't, but a lot of liberals do. Amoebia records in LA has a "black cinema" section and they're extremely liberal. You will only find black actors, musicians and comedians there. There is a local chain here that does the same thing. If I want a blues album I don't want to go to a race section, I want to go to a blues section.

@jayneonacobb rofl I get it. That makes sense I guess?

Hell the liberals are a lot more racist. If you suggest Black Lives Matters is a racist and radical group responsible for the death of law enforcement people they just get mad.

[telesurtv.net]

@Piece2YourPuzzle so your liberal source proves that liberals a right about BLM not being racist? How about that letter the founder wrote calling for all white men to be killed?

@jayneonacobb Good reply!

@jayneonacobb And your conservative sources are any better? What about actually looking at the content? Do you have a link to the actual letter you speak of? Do you actually ever talk about the topic or provide evidence for anything? The link I provided is in response to BLM being responsible for the death of law enforcement.

@Piece2YourPuzzle
Even snopes doesn't deny it outright. That's a pretty racist, hateful document.
[leoweekly.com]

@jayneonacobb Snopes doesn't deny WHAT outright? Link to Snopes? That "letter" DOESN'T ONCE call for any white men to be killed! Seriously, what is wrong with you? You can't stay on topic and you claim things that don't exist. That "letter" asks for racists to be exposed. I don't agree with all the property points, but what's wrong with calling for all racists to be exposed? There is nothing "racist" in that article.

@Piece2YourPuzzle it calls for violence through a veiled threat. All the blaming of white people for her problems and her demands aren't racist? Yeah right. She's making demands based on race. That's racism.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.