Agnostic.com

17 3

QUESTION Gingrich in N. Naples: 'Atheist philosophy' is threat to Christianity

He said he did not think the two factions in America can be brought together.

“Eventually, it will be resolved, one way or the other,” Gingrich said. “One side will win; one side will lose.

"Either the radical secularists will succeed in controlling the government and driving religion out of American life, or the people who believe in faith will succeed in controlling government and insist that you cannot impose radical values on American people.”

He expressed optimism that the religious side could prevail.

zblaze 7 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That guy is so damn hypocritical and retarded for anyone to actually take him serious...unless of course if they are just like him.

Damn right we're a threat to Christianity. When you build a movement based on making sure everybody listens to the guy in the funny hat and doesn't do any actual thinking, anybody with the ability to reason themselves out of a paper sack is a threat to you.

He is a jerk and I guess that I am a radical.. Hmmm, that has a nice sound to it.

Let's hope not . I hate to think of him giving any advice as he is as dispicable as trump and the swamp drained cabinet. They would both work to destroy America. I am very proud to be a Progresive and I just wish we showed more balls in combating this republican montrasity.

He's a wingnut. Atheism has long predated Christianity, and yet Christianity developed, grew and even flourished for a time. The biggest threat to Christianity is "Christians" themselves, and I refer to those who do not try to live as their Christ directed, AKA the majority of them.

Sure hope so. Christianity is so tiresome and hypocritical.

Fascinating. Christians have been the default leaders for so long they do not see their inherit privilege. They are afraid of facts or anything that challenges their narrow worldview. The overly religious should NOT be in political office if they cannot be objective and do what is best for the common good.

He is a right wing ASS!

He should be more concerned about what hypocrits have done to the reputation of the religion he professes.

It's isn't atheism the Newt should be worrying about, it's science.

@ablaze.....That's bs. The two factions CAN be brought together with mutual respect and honoring each other's right to worship (or not) without persecution. Our biggest troublemakers are our LEADERS who try to control us with FEAR. - just as in the Dark Ages, Mifddle Ages, and Renaissance. It can be done. It will take work, but it can be done.

HELLO??!?! America was founded on so called 'radical' values. Doing too many drugs must have fried your American History memory. YO! Asshole it ain't a sporting event, we have a democracy, ya know that radical fucking value/ideal America was founded on, it's time you shut your ignorant pie hole and stopped trying to divide this nation. We have rule of law and separation of chuch and state. Every American can have whatever radical idea/ideal/belief they want and we can ALL co-exist. YOU make it an issue, we have not forgotten your stupid 'Contract with America'. Al Franken is correct, you are a big fat idiot and have done much harm to democracy.

You tell em Silver!!

This man has always been WAY out there in 'right' field, but now he is just spreading insanity! As far as I am concerned, he is so far wrong, I would cross to the other side of the street, if I saw him coming in my direction! I know this man's history up close and personal!!!

Gee, I hope the radicals will not prevail. My dog ate a copy of "Atheist Philosophy". Sad case. 😟

bonne chance amis we will win the day, the only' if 'is how will WE manifest our victory ?

This clown is hardly a shining example of moral backbone. Serial adulterer, Pretending to be Catholic. Horrible hypocrite.

As are most of the fundamental leaders.

@Lewellyn3 As are most fundamentalists, evangelicals and religionists in general.

No surprise here and he is absolutely right, thank goodness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26377
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.