Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK Here's The Scientific Reason Incompetent People Are Often So Confident

What is it they say? "Ignorance is bliss."

THHA 7 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The article does not describe WHY this occurs. I've been in many situations with people who are so right about being wrong, my head spins thinking about it. The article suggests some innocuous as well as severe results of coping with someone who is exhibiting Dunning-Kruger behavior.

I wouldn't have a problem with the content, except the title of the article reads, "Here's the Scientific Reason..." So, where is it??

Missed a paragraph? Go back and check out the paragraph that begins with "In their 1999 paper, published" . . . .

@THHA i just re-read. I see there is data showing the result, but not the reasoning. Why does the person who knows less boast they know best?

Why do preachers claim to be living the straight and narrow path of a good and honest citizen?

@THHA

Yes, similar to why a bully throws the first punch (trying to hide their fear of 'losing' or fear of being a loser ).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:264252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.