Agnostic.com

58 8

Is it normal or strange someone wouldn’t like French kissing?

I always thought kissing was an affectionate way for couples to express their love, but I recently found out something about one of my best friends. She’s 29 and she recently came out and told me that she doesn’t have a problem with doing anything else that involves showing love, but for some strange reason French kissing absolutely terrify her to do because she hates it so much and it makes her feel disgusted, but she doesn’t understand why or seem to have any memory why she’d feel this way. All she know is there is a sudden rush of disgust if a man attempts to French kiss her and she immediately starts to feel uncomfortable. Any thoughts?

EmeraldJewel 7 Feb 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to feel the same way until a few years ago, when I realized I'm partially transmale.

The next time my ex kissed me, I thought of myself as a male kissing another male, and suddenly I was really into it.
For the first time in my life.

For what its worth, I suspect most women (and probably most men) see french kissing as a prelude to sex. Perhaps she is sexually repressed. Probably its more complicated than that. I probably have little to add – but who really does?

I have kissed a good many women and none have ever disdained it. I would suppose it may be an outlier position. I have heard some say it was gross, But I never actually kissed any of them.

I don't kiss mouths at all if I can possibly avoid it, it's not that I think it's gross it just weird? childish? or just silly, sort of like when grown ups high five each other.

Sucking my eyeballs covered by my eyelids... that's the french I want. The rest is just training.

So far, I find I like it a lot for a while in the beginning. And, if I'm drinking, I like it more.

I believe kissing is very intimate and is one tiny part of expressing emotional intimacy.

But, if it doesn't continue through and after the hormone high -- and I have found that it always tapers off -- I find myself less and less interested in it, and it even gets to the point that I then become uncomfortable with it.

I wish it wasn't that way, but it is. If it goes missing for a while, or is ONLY when we're in bed, then it feels awkward. That's why I'd prefer it stay a priority. But, it doesn't.

There have been one or two occasions when I was being introduced to someone or , had just met them , when he leaned forward and stuck his tongue in my mouth . I don't know this person and I resent hm entering any part of my body , at least at this point , without my express permission . I don't know anything about this person . I don't know where he's been , what kind of germs he's collected , but is this is his reaction on a first meeting , I'm reasonably certain I'm not the first he's done this two , so in all probability , he doesn't know anything about the folks he's already entered either .

There's an endless cornucopia of hot buttons, hang-ups, phobias and neuroses, and just plain likes and dislikes. I don't know that there's a meaningful definition for "normal" anymore, and in this context you probably just mean "typical" anyway. This is not typical.

It could be symbolic of something, related to a fear of germs, say, or even a fear of intimacy -- maybe there are other things that seem "objectively" more intimate than french kissing that she professes to have no issue with (yet anyway) but maybe this just strikes her subconscious as something that renders her more vulnerable than anything else she's experienced. There's a reason that prostitutes generally forbid kissing; it's too personal for impersonal sex. Maybe your friend allows / accommodates men doing other things but not that one symbolic thing. Maybe she has been having impersonal sex without realizing it and this is a mental block she needs to get past.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.