Agnostic.com

4 12

Muslim youths clean up National Parks trashed during shutdown

Bravo and thank you!

[mnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is it important that they're Muslim while doing upstanding things?

Gohan Level 7 Jan 13, 2019

@Gohan

Yes, it is important. Trump and Republicans have been vilifying all Muslims, calling them terrorists. Brown-skinned men were murdered by Trumpsters who thought they were Muslim.

Muslim women wearing hijabs were attacked shortly after Trump's win.

Thirteen times apparent Trump supporters attacked, harassed or plotted to kill Muslims:

[huffingtonpost.com]

Good respectful kids.

*70 Muslim and non Muslim. I'm so proud, these altruistic youth will set the way.

Gotta love when adults organize their children to do something for political reasons.

Me too. It’s called good parenting.

@Jay1313132018 ????? Using your children as political pawns is not good parenting. Strategic parenting maybe, but in the best interest of the children? I'd have to disagree. Just as parents shouldn't force their children to attend church, or label their children Democrat or Republican. They obviously organized ONLY Muslim children. Why couldn't the headline read, "parents organize with children to clean national parks"? Why must they be Muslim children? A child of a Muslim is not a Muslim child. They are just a child.

@SoullessHeathen it is a parents job to teach their children how to be "good" citizens and to be successful in our society. Teaching children to organize and to participate in our political system is a good thing. Muslims are currently under attack and being demonized and denounced as 2nd rate citizens and "not American". Volunteering to clean up our national parks or helping to reconstruct Jewish cemeteries are a good way to show that they are helpful citizens and not the evil terrorists they are made out to be.

You and I may not believe in religion but they do. Tthey are a community and want/need to support each other. Businesses and other organizations do this often - show good will towards our society.

If you are arguing that parants shouldn't teach thier children religion, I don't disagree theoretically. I just don't think it is practical.

By the way, I don't see/read that anyone was forced to do anything.

@OwlInASack you taught your children to be liberals? You have decided for them?

@OwlInASack children ought to be taught to be critical thinkers. So that one day they may choose their own political affiliation. Raising your children to follow everything you follow is, well, substandard.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:265120
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.