Agnostic.com

6 1

How do you feel about people who attend church for the communal aspect?

The person can be religious or irreligious for this question.

Ario99 4 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ancient Rome had communal toilets.

Idiots, tacitly supporting vileness.

I have as much respect for these people as I do for the guy who is a member of the KKK because they have really good picnics.

You do you, I do me, strive to love our fellow beings and strive to do or cause no harm.

It may be the only place some people have to find companionship/friends. A lot of really small towns just don't offer much more than a couple of churches. I wouldn't look to a church, but it's not my place to tell others what to do.

Please report and signs of pedophilia or any other misdoings. We're counting on you from the inside.

Pity they must be really desperate. And very sad if it is the only thing in town.

I am not desperate!! I go to my UU fellowship for the sense of belonging to like minded people. Most are Agnostic/atheist anyway and there is NO dogma to believe.

@starwatcher-al I thought about the UU. They are different in that they celebrate and embrace doubt. There are UU's claiming various religious stances: Christian, Jewish, Wicca, atheist, agnos, and whatever. Going to a preachy place opens one up to all sorts of B.S. and puts one in the awkward position to choose hypocrisy or inundation.

@Beowulfsfriend UU churches/fellowships vary. Some have ministers and their "sermon is rather general not "you gotta do this/believe this" no dogma, basically respect for your fellow man no matter who or what they are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:265582
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.