Agnostic.com

5 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here's the reason, plain and simple: "It has been pointed out that US lawmakers are often very keen to stamp out any innovations which might loosen the grip of the big energy companies over the lives (and bank accounts) of the American public."

That's it, folks, that and the fact that it's harder for the government to control those people.

Why am I not surprised. A long time ago, they outlawed building concrete block houses. Only buildings a certain size and outer structures like garages. Having worked in masonry during my summer hiatus I pondered the costs of one and realized how much cheaper one could be constructed. One could add poured insulation. The builder could leave a lip on the base block so the owner, when more financially set, could add brick for appearance. But no, no cheap houses

Addendum: a number of states have nixed the use of straw as a building material. It is light, great insulation and very fire resistant when tightly packed and covered. Look at how it is used, pretty cool stuff actually. It, too, could be done cheaply, however in an ironic twist only some rich have built with the material so as to get some intriguing designs.

Buy the land and tell them to fuck off..

I hope you are right! If not, do you have a guest room? I do house and yard work, and I don't shed. 🙂

@Sticks48 Did you read the Snopes link above? ^^^

@CaroleKay Yes. I was trying to be humorous. Obviously l failed. 🙂

@Sticks48 How did you fail you got a lovey face from me ? ? Was I supposed to laugh?

@Sticks48 and I do have a spare room and the yard work sounds dreamy.

@CaroleKay That was a lovely face, and it was very nice to see it, but it came up after your asking me if l had read the Snopes thingy. I always work my way from the bottom to the top. 🙂

@CaroleKay Why that face?

I'm really glad to see that it is false, thanks for your diligence.

I think it's a bit misleading . It's a local government ordinance thing. Not the federal government. This trend is irreversible.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:267418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.