30 5

What is one material thing that you wouldn't want to live without?

I'm not much of a collector of things. I donate them or throw them away (depending on what) when I no longer need them. Not into buying a lot of stuff, but there are a few things I am a little attached to.

What luxury item would you have trouble doing without?

By silvereyes
Favorite
Please or register to see comments
30 comments

chapstick

jodyfine Level 6 Nov 15, 2017

I read this question to my wife. She said a fan is nice but I say toilet paper. I said you heard that from me awhile back!!! She said nope. This is my idea and answer. I remember I had told her about having enough toilet paper when going camping and or using the rest room in Vietnam and other countries. Yep, toilet paper is a good answer.

BucketlistBob Level 4 Nov 15, 2017
LOL

The fan on the side of my bed. Its so cool at night. Always had a fan. Love it.

BucketlistBob Level 4 Nov 14, 2017
Yes, hard to sleep without one for me. bzzz bzzz bzzz- I expect it's low humming sound to block out the sound of my Chihuahua snoring.

Lube

bingst Level 6 Nov 11, 2017
hahaha
I'm guessing not the WD-40 variety!

Definitely my phone, but only for my music!

CharlaMarie1296 Level 2 Nov 8, 2017

I have to say the bicycle.

gsiamne Level 5 Nov 2, 2017

Wouldn't call it a luxury, just a need "my banjo". Do a little pickin everyday.

Or-Humanist Level 3 Nov 2, 2017

books

evergreen Level 5 Nov 2, 2017

One? My instruments. It'd be like deciding on a favorite child.

DangerDave Level 5 Nov 2, 2017

I spend a lot of time on my technology - Mac, iPad, iPhone, etc., it is probably the main reason the switch to atheism occurred because of finding like minded souls on Facebook. So technology including the internet is definitely something I wouldn't want to live without, but I could if I had to.

Hugene2002 Level 7 Nov 2, 2017

The question is hard to answer ... if a disaster would happen and I could only get one thing with me...it would probably get a crossword puzzle book or my Sandman graphic novels

Most of my stuff is second hand, I consider myself a minimalist, but what did I buy myself that could be considered luxury, but I will never regret buying, my semi-professionnal camera, you really need those kind of camera if you really want to be in control of your pictures, I did found used lens in a garage sale for 20$ (I used an adapter to make them fit)

I think an object that give you the opportunity to have a hobby or do something you love you could not do without this object, it's not luxury

I always felt that finding something used that I like in a garage sales far more rewarding , give me more joy, than buy brand new stuff ,
plus, it always comes with a story

DannyBisaillon Level 3 Nov 2, 2017
I need to pull out my camera now...
The family dogs need a photo shoot
He's the one on your picture ? the family dog? I do the same with my cat, she's my muse

I cannot live without tech an gadgets. I am completely addicted to tech and the advancement of tech. I have an obsession to have the latest and greatest smart phone, tablet, or computer.

twshield Level 5 Nov 2, 2017

I think after a good night's sleep, I can tackle just about any problem, so I'd have to vote for my comfortable bed.

Squirrellglider Level 7 Nov 2, 2017

My rice cooker.

SamL Level 7 Nov 2, 2017

My xbox!

Tejas Level 4 Nov 2, 2017

Don't know if this counts - but I think the internet is pretty much indispensable. It has shaped our thoughts, opinions, and consciences through podcasts, videos, and forums like this one.

Plus, fact-checking has gotten a lot easier!

buttermilkhunter Level 2 Nov 2, 2017
That's a great answer. At one time people had pen pals. I have made friends around the world.

Great question. I'd have to say my iPhone because it's got a flashlight. No, I'm just pulling your leg. I've actually given away, trashed, or otherwise lost most of my possessions. The one thing I seem to depend on is a car (of some type). Without that one is nowhere. Currently I have a Ford Van so I can live or camp in the back of it.

rainmanjr Level 5 Nov 2, 2017

My apple bottom jeans & my boots with the fur.

AMGT Level 7 Nov 2, 2017
oh no you didn't! That song is STUCK in my head now. LOL
Ahaha.. sorry pal

My earplugs. I'm a light sleeper.

VictoriaNotes Level 7 Nov 2, 2017
Me too! People who don't use earplugs don't realize how great they are! We should start a new group 'Atheists for earplugs!' LOL!
If I wear earplugs- I'm not sure I'll wake up!
Hahaha -- @Hugene2002 I'm all for that new group.

Something to play music, iPod, Bose radio, whatever. Music.

Redlegdex Level 5 Nov 1, 2017

Wine

Hellbent Level 5 Nov 1, 2017

I need my Waterpik. I love that thing.

silvereyes Level 7 Nov 1, 2017

A good cooking knife. I prefer my Damascus knife.

RundioII Level 4 Nov 1, 2017
Nice! What are you making for dinner tomorrow? Oh and where do you live? I need specifics. haha

My bicycles, or at least one of them.

Diarmaede Level 5 Nov 1, 2017

I suppose my computer, though it's kind of a necessity — but I do use it for frivolous things like watching Netflix, so I guess it qualifies as a luxury item.

resserts Level 5 Nov 1, 2017
Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit organization promoting universal truths and peaceful life without religion