Agnostic.com

60 12

What is love

I’ve bonded with people and it’s brought me joy but I’ve never loved someone. I feel that humans have put their own fairy-tale definition on what love is. Love to me is a healed cut. I need someone to help further my thoughts.

Destinyanne 4 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

60 comments (51 - 60)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh gosh. It’s the one thing that drives me absolutely mad! It’s so illogical but we can’t live with out it!!

LOLMSP Level 3 June 20, 2019

I think a lot of people believe love is that thing you feel when puberty sets and you began noticing the opposite gender (or same gender if you're gay or whatever lol), which then leads to butterflies in your stomach, which sometimes leads to rejection, which then leads to that feeling of a "broken heart". But, in my opinion, this is lust/infatuation with the opposite (or same) gender. The heart broken feeling would be the feeling of rejection and/or loneliness.

However, I know what love is to me because I've had it, and still have it with my nieces and nephews. No, I'm not some weird sex criminal lol

To me, love is giving up EVERYTHING for the person(s) in question, including life and freedom. For me, It isn't about sex, although I do believe you can make love to someone you do love. I know I truly love someone when they leave for an extended period of time and I'm constantly thinking about their wellbeing and safety.

Thats just a few of what I believe to be signs that one loves another unconditionally.

Junno Level 3 July 9, 2019

Love, IMO, includes an ability to feel sad rather than angry when another offends me.

Love is not lust it's a bonding that is hard to describe, putting the other in front of your needs but must be mutual both should feel the same. A bonding that includes close friendship and does involve lust but not just that

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 30, 2019

Baby don’t hurt me.
Don’t hurt me.
No more.

Lol
Love is a lie.

Love is a choice. Some say that love is unconditional. They are wrong.

Rondo Level 4 Nov 18, 2019

"Love is a subjective condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own happiness." - R. A. Heinlein

Love is a four letter word. Although I do love ice cream

Yes. The term love is misleading. Like you. I have gotten close with a few humans but the feeling of love that many talk about.

I used to think I knew what love was. Having suffered from it, I now call it "attachment", and I hope I never suffer from it again.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:268007
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.