Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (Official Music Video) - YouTube

In the song, Michael Stipe sings the lines "That's me in the corner/That's me in the spotlight/Losing my religion". The phrase "losing my religion" is an expression from the southern region of the United States that means losing one's temper or civility, or "being at the end of one's rope." Stipe told The New York Times the song was about romantic expression.[9] He told Q that "Losing My Religion" is about "someone who pines for someone else. It's unrequited love, what have you."[10] Stipe compared the song's theme to "Every Breath You Take" by The Police, saying, "It's just a classic obsession pop song. I've always felt the best kinds of songs are the ones where anybody can listen to it, put themselves in it and say, 'Yeah, that's me.'"[11]

lbusche 7 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess I never understood the song. I still don't. I just get a huge sense of love converted to paranoia.

Love this group and love this song.

I remember when this came out. Always a favorite but have not heard it in awhile.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.