Agnostic.com

6 3

QUESTION Petition: Designate the National Rifle Association (NRA) as a Domestic Terrorist Organization under the USA Patriot Act

I'm not quite sure I consider the NRA a terrorist organization just yet. But I'm very interested to hear what you guys think. This petition is close to 50k signatures brw.

UrsiMajor 8 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Timothy McVeigh bombed OK City with Ammonium Nitrate, then Ammonium Nitrate was regulated. No bombings since. Richard Reid the shoe-bomber tried to sneak a bomb on a plane, then regulations were put in place to inspect shoes. No shoe bombs since. 9/11 had planes hijacked and flown into buildings. Regulations were put into effect for airport and aircraft security, and more passenger scrutiny. No more planes flying into buildings. See the pattern, NRA addicts? People believing that regulating a para-military weapon like an AR or AK will not result in less mass shootings are smoking better shit than I've got.

There was video of a school that had tear gas and smoke bombs in the ceilings that could be deployed and moving partitions that were controlled by a remote monitor which could isolate a shooter. But it was expensive. Congressional parasites as a whole aren't concerned about creating funding for school security solutions. Today's GOP majority politician is only concerned with pushing money up the pipe to the 1% where they can get their hands on it. If the NRA were reasonable they would get behind this 1000% to show they have more than 'thoughts and prayers' and take the heat off of them for stonewalling. But...they aren't part of the solution. They sound proud and defiant for being part of the problem.

This is such a good response that I might cut and paste it for further facebook fights. I've seen a lot of good arguments on our side, too.

I was a member of the NRA for one year. (It was suggested to me as newly licensed gun owner). I wanted out after just a few newsletters.

They are batshit crazy and yes this applies. I signed.

I don’t ‘click’ on petitions, even the most noble of them. I support a political party that searches for candidates and adopts platforms that advocate for the progression of our nation… Unless the vast majority of this nation do the same, there will be more of the same..

Varn Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

Signed it.

Maybe they aren't the terrorist themselves, but they are promoting gun ownership to every person in this country. Some of which will use their gun to kill people! So I say they support terrorism.

Thank You. I love your thinking. I signed the petition. Posted on my FB.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.