Agnostic.com

16 2

How many meals a day do you need. ? I'm living on one

magicwatch 7 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I eat only when I feel like I absolutely need to eat, probally 5-10 healthy snacks a day, 2000 calories a day, which ever I hit first.

5-7 meals a day with at least some protein. If you go longer than about 3hrs. between meals your body starts giving up muscle tissue for fuel, your metabolism slows down and you start to conserve body fat. This is all part of your body's strategy to conserve energy just in case you may not have access to food for awhile. If you have more frequent, smaller meals it's much easier to stay leaner and healthier. Remember too your heart is a muscle and folks with anorexia and bulimia frequently suffer and even die from heart issues. When your body gives up muscle tissue for fuel that includes your heart. This may sound difficult to do but there are ways including, but not limited to, protein shakes and bars.

Somewhere around 1.5, averaged.

Definitely a hobbit. Breakfast, Second Breakfast, Snack time, Lunch, Second Lunch, Supper, Dinner, Nighttime snack?

At least that's what my body tells me!

Usually just 2 meals, though, otherwise I'd be 500 lbs.

Normally one good size one and I just can't face food in the morning.

I eat three times a day with small snacks in between.

My blood sugar will drop without much notice if I go too long without food. It's a horrible feeling and then I end up shoving any available food in just to make the feeling go away. Since I don't like to eat many calorie dense foods, it's better for me to be prophylactic about it.

I can only manage one a day ever since I completely ruined my digestive system with an eating disorder when I was younger.

(I can usually squeeze in a bar of chocolate around lunchtime, though - life would be dull with no vices).

Jnei Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

One or two, with some occasional snacks

Three if I start the day early. Two if I sleep in (9AM to 11AM). Frequent meals keep my blood sugar more consistent through the day, important if I am trying to head off diabetes.

I track what I take in, so multiple meals do not add up to more food per day (target 1500 calories). It's just spread more over the day than in large sugar-spiking doses.

Zster Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

Anywhere from one to eight, and anything from four hours of continuous eating to 1 small can that John West rejected.

I eat one. It's about cancer prevention for me.

I have mostly only had one meal a day since 1976, though I drink lots of coffee.

I’ve started the coffee thing. It’ll definitely push away hunger.

I think the adage eat 3 meals a day is obsolete. Add lack of exercise, fatty food, and other things like sugary drinks and snacks, and many people are eating the equivalent of 4 + meals a day. Big surprise obesity is a problem these days.

Two's fine for me.

I do one, most of the time.

Dunno..doing two a day right now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:26954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.