Agnostic.com

11 3

LINK Teens in Make America Great Again hats taunted a Native American elder at the Lincoln Memorial - CNN

White Privilege...Black kids doing this would have been arrested or forcibly dispersed.

Krish55 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Their race has nothing to do with it.

Just one of those smarmy teen dicks you want to run over in a mall parking lot.

godef Level 7 Jan 20, 2019

Did they also heckle a comedian, or use bad words? These kids should not have gotten away with this IF: They committed violence or insinuated that it may be possible, deliberately harmed the business they were in. Or committed some crime. The business owner had the right, and some might say responsibility of making undesirables leave. Everyone, including those who disagree with me, have every right to express regret, disappointment, or disapproval in any verbal way (so long as they do not also deliver credible threats of force or or the threat thereof). Speech can be countered with speech. I will never physically attack anyone for anything they say (except of course if they issue an improper unjustifiable threat of some physical action of - as above). The police might also treat younger folks differently from older folks making the same protest. They certainly treat known rich people differently than unknown poor people. This is a very immature, and not very effective way of attempting to win hearts and minds."Taunted" can mean anything from a single groan from a drunk guy in the back of the room, to people shooting at them. I do not like to rush to judgment especially when hearing just one side of an issue. Both sides of the isle need to start listening to each other and let freedom and liberty be the arbiter. When we must disagree let us have civil discourse in a forum of people ready to do so in a civil way. Hounding people in restaurants, and being mean to strangers is counterproductive, rude, and inappropriate and the parents of these kids need to wake up!

The one teen's mom came out and said it was because black Muslims insulted them. These were all GOOD CATHOLIC kids. The school is looking into the incident, after closing its FB account. Good, tolerant, Catholic boys there to protest abortion.

Teens in MAGA hats, also known as ass hats, taunting a native american elder is a perfect depiction of what's wrong with america.

Your characterization of them as "ass" hats is immature and unwelcome. I did not vote for Trump, he is a deeply flawed person, BUT he WAS elected. If you wish to win hearts and minds, instead of grandstanding with vitriol for your cohorts already on the same bandwagon, try being persuasive in an adult manner and you may actually influence someone.

@Libertarian perhaps in your world, patiently killing with kindness...pardon me, persuading ass hats, to please see the error of their ways is your idea of confronting these poor wayward souls, goodie for you! And by gosh and by golly I do wish you every success in your fight against mental clarity. In my world this behavior and the privilaged little ass hats who represent the national discrace that stands behind Ronald McDonald Trump is extremely dangerous snd not to be tolerated. A nice cup of tea and an afternoon with a history book might provide you with an explanation why these people are a danger enabled by misguided people such as yourself.

From reading the news stories and watching the videos, it appears the following happened.

Nathan Phillips is a political activist who is strongly against Trump's policies. He was in DC to express his political feelings.

The kids were in DC on a school trip, and (from their hats) are in favor of most of Trump's policies.

Nathan Phillips approached the kids.

He was walking towards one kid after another banging the drum in front of him forcing the kids to move out of the way.

Watch the look on the kid's face at 0:20.

The Native Americans with Phillips did not feel threatened by the kids in any way. Watch the video at 0:36 to 0:40.

Every kid Nathan Phillips approached moved out of the way until he encountered one kid who would not. 0:54.

Nathan Phillips was banging his drum in the kids face and singing very loudly into the kid's face in an attempt to intimidate him.

Nathan Phillips had every opportunity to go around the kid, but he stood there for almost two minutes banging the drum in the kids face.

The kids had every right to be on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial expressing their point of view.

Nathan Phillips had every right to be on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial expressing his point of view.

There is a small woman in the group with Nathan Phillips 2:23. She doesn't look the least bit scared or intimidated by the kids. She is the only person in the entire video who uses profanity.

The kid had no obligation whatsoever to step aside. If Nathan Phillips had hit the kid with his drumstick that would have been assault and battery.

BD66 Level 8 Jan 20, 2019

I guess the 'taunting' was singing with him and doing the tomahawk hand sign? Don't know the whole story, but the OP's original CNN was very much an OpEd piece. I don't like Trump at all, but I don't see what all the fuss is over from the video you posted. I've seen both the left and right do much worse than just essentially stand around.

I believe he approached them banging his drum forcing them to move out of the way. Their clapping along and chanting along was a reasonable response to the situation. You have two groups with opposing political views that encountered each other in a non violent way.

The media is trying to make the Catholic boys into Duke Lacrosse 2.0.
Nathan Phillips is trying to make himself into Clock Boy 2.0.

@Maindawg Read Nathan Phillip's description of events, then watch the videos. You can come to only one conclusion. Nathan Phillips is a liar. He's completely 100% full of shit. The boys handled the situation about as well as you could expect them to handle it when they were in the middle of doing their school songs and Phillips walked into the middle of the group banging his drum and forcing one boy after another to move out of his way.

@Maindawg Here are the videos of the whole incident start to finish. Watch it and stop believing the bullshit being peddled by Nathan Phillips and the leftist media.

[twitter.com]

@Maindawg Did you watch a single video of the event? Phillips went into the group of teens banging his drum in front of him and forcing kids out of the way. When Sandman would not be intimidated, he banged his drum in sandman's face tor 2 minutes, and was singing his Native American song in Sandman's face for 2 minutes at a very high volume.

That's a demonstration of the combination of arrogance and ignorance so prevalant in America.

"Greatness is only one of the sensations of littleness". George Bernard Shaw

CNN (communist news network) is a very biased and unreliable source of information.

@Maindawg Then how come their ratings have been down, while Fox News is the number one news channel?

@Trajan61 lies as always dumbass. I'll wait for you snappy comeback.
[politifact.com]

@Maindawg No sorry, but CNN has become as bad as Fox News. You should really turn the TV off and find real unbiased news sources.

@Maindawg I think you’ve been brainwashed by the liberal media like CNN and MSNBC. Later news reports of the incident have proved my point about CNN.

Shame on them and their parents! America and all Terra is about sharing and protecting, not about dividing and preying. #moralevolutionfirst

tipi Level 7 Jan 20, 2019

Shouting about the Wall to a native? Shows that the Wall is really a monument to White Privilege!

It was a terrible affair, his smug grin.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:269949
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.