Agnostic.com

7 2

Is the U.S. government shutdown affecting you or anyone close to you personally? I remember how brutal the government shutdown was for us during the Obama administration. That's why I'm in the private industry now.

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many in this apartment complex get housing subsidies and food stamps if the shut down does not end soon they will literally go hungry. There is a food bank but I really do not know what they will do. For some I have no sympathy for some of them, they are trump supporters and republicans and are actually blaming the dems.

No appreciable direct impact on me yet, but I have to do business travel in a couple of weeks and I'm not looking forward to the likely delays / disruptions.

Just ordered one.

[cbsstore.com]

It will be if it doesn't end soon. I think Trump has sealed his fate with this move. He's just proven to the majority of Americans that he's willing to hold their paychecks and basic needs hostage so he can assert his agenda. I don't have anything against building the wall but it's not important enough to cause all the harm he has and will by this foolish choice.

If it doesn't end soon, my disabled son will no longer get food stamps (I barely get enough Social Security to keep me above water, so it will put me in a bind also). If it starts affecting Social Security, I will be screwed.

If the shutdown affects food stamps, both of my nieces will have to have some help buying food for their children...

I mostly won't fly...I don't want to be stuck in long lines and I don't feel safe....

I am just on the periphery and stressing out...I can't even imagine all of the people that live paycheck to paycheck...they are really going to be hurting since most Americans do not make enough money to "save" for a prolonged lack of income...

it affects people in the private sector too, and people who are in no sector at all. it affects anyone who needs any kind of government service that isn't being offered, or will soon stop (if we're still shut down by the end of february, my guy and i won't have food, because the snap program won't be open). your food isn't being inspected right now, no matter WHERE you work. you can get food poisoning and die even if you work in the private sector, and if the tsa workers, currently not being paid but being forced to work, go on strike, you'd better not need to fly anywhere. wanna visit a national park? don't step in anything icky, and don't bother looking for redwood trees, because vandals are cutting them down.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:271378
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.