Agnostic.com

14 2

Best little known movies?

I used to be better at finding those cult classics or little known movies that really deserve more credit.

One of my favorites was The Field with Richard Harris and a young Sean Bean.

Akfishlady 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jackie Brown is good too.

[imdb.com]

A Clockwork Orange, directed by Stanley Kubrick. Cult Classic.

@Akfishlady I will check that one out

The 1980's version of The Little Shop of Horrors

Songcatcher
[imdb.com]

All the Mornings of the World
[imdb.com]

Little Voice
[imdb.com]

The Money Tree
[imdb.com]

Mindwalk
[imdb.com]

Which three?
@Akfishlady

You might like another Ewan McGregor film Brassed Off. [imdb.com]
@orange_girl

'My Best Girl', Mary Pickford and Buddy Rogers, silent.

cava Level 7 Feb 21, 2018

THE LEDGE. ...PRODUCED and written by American Atheist Matthew Chapman 4 GREATS GRANDSON of Charles Darwin. ...best Atheist hero and worst evil xian story

Sooooo good. Very violent, though.

Paul (2011)

Storyline:
Two sci-fi geeks take a pilgrimage to America's UFO heartland. While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever. For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) has been hanging out at a top-secret military base. When he discovers he's been taken prisoner, the space-traveling smart ass decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town - a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme Willy (Simon Pegg) and Clive Gollings (Nick Frost). Chased by federal agents and the fanatical father of a young woman that they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship. And as two nerds struggle to help, one little green man might just take his fellow outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes. Written by Universal Pictures

very good film

Rubber it's amazing, you'll love it.
Please read this as a sarcastic statement. Save yourself a couple of hours and don't watch it. However I enjoy old films made in the 30's and 40's by George Formby. They're a joy to watch.

Dav87 Level 6 Feb 21, 2018

That was a hugely stupid movie.

Omg babe! And here, I Thought you were joking! Who would suggest Rubber?? Would be better to watch a movie about the history of Condoms over THAT other Rubber! Yikes!

lol

@Akfishlady honestly, you Would rather watch a documentary on condoms. haha

being there....

another..... not unknown so much as seldom mentioned

The Brother From Another Planet

@Akfishlady Isn't it such an amazing movie? Have it on DVD.

A Field In England

Jnei Level 8 Feb 21, 2018

@Akfishlady It has its faults, but cinematically it's absolutely stunning. It also features the best line in any film ever: "Last thing I ate was a stoat."

@Jnei I had to look up stoat. Lol

"Smoke"

@Akfishlady

I think my favorite scene is where Oggie is going through his picture album...
I think I'm going to watch it again now .... lol

good one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27197
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.