Agnostic.com

18 1

What religion scares you the most, and why?

Yirtiik44 4 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religions do not scare me. Raving lunatics with Bibles, Qurans and Torahs along with guns and bombs scare me.

Christianity. Because they seem comfortable in their ignorance. I've seen no other religions use violence so haphazardly and then tell people that it was God's will.

All of them, they all promote ignorance and destroy intelligence.

Any religion that allows parents to deny a child healthcare.

MikeJ Level 5 Nov 21, 2017

Any religion that gives safe harbour to zealots and extremists, while the majority claim to be moderate. This only sanitizes the dark and evil true nature of their beliefs when taken at face value. Of course, we're all thinking Islam and Christianity here...

Not a religion, but any rabid fundamentalist person scares me.

I am not scared of any particular religion, but rather those within any religion who are fanatical, as they can be violent.

When push comes to shove all religions resort to violence. Right now the Evangelic Christian religion is the most dangerous because they are shaping our laws and culture to get things their way. In the end if you are not a part of them you don't deserve access to the basic resources.

I would have to say Islam for now, but there is very little to separate the two younger Abrahamic religions, the both are drenched in blood. I just think that Islam is currently the one that scares me the most because it is still in a more juvenile stage, and still hasn't had as much mellowing by the passage of time.

Evangelicals scare me. The need to deny all scientific evidence in order to believe that the Bible is the literal truth is disturbing.

Islam has more violent extremists than any other religion.

BD66 Level 8 Nov 2, 2017

And you know that how? Media reports on what sells, not what is real.

I know because the USA has spent trillions of dollars fighting Islamic extremists, so they have a great deal vested in finding accurate data on the nature and extent of Islamic extremists. There are many reliable sources that estimate the number. The Pew Research Organization did one of most comprehensive studies on the subject. Here are their results:

[pewresearch.org]

Sorry but history and the recent violent mass murders in America will refute what you are saying. Christianity is the most violent religion ever. check history. not only the "holy" wars but the 'witches" they burned and tortured etc. No Islam has a long way to go to catch up with the right wing 'Christians' who believe their god tells them to do this. Just like the Islamic radicals.

Islam , because if my family were to find out that I no longer to believe they would want nothing to me and might even get RID of me

The Islamic extremists.

christianity as it has killed the most people in the name of religion ; usually while invading other tribe's lands. See south america australia africa and most recently the middle east

I have to say Xianity because it still has these things going on: [patheos.com]

I also think that it will some day start its second inquisition.

Islam.
No explanation needed.

It's not any particular religion that scares me, so much as the often fanatic followers of them, and the downright hateful actions that are justified in their minds by their nutso beliefs !

Christianity and for me personally Catholicism. The Christians have all of the power at the moment in the world, as MichaelSpinler points out, and thenI personally cannot stand the hypocrisy of the Catholics who continue to use their power and wealth against the common interests of man. The list of the 'sins' of the Catholic faith is pretty much endless and summed up by their allowing pedophilia to run rampant throughout the church and then try to cover it up and ultimately spend $100's millions of their congregants hard earned money to pay the fines for these crimes. And they are the hypocrites who accuse us of sin. Sick, sick individuals.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.