Agnostic.com

28 4

I dared to ask to have the radio switched to a different station from a Christian station today in a vehicle trip The person in charge of the radio asked me why and I said honestly I find it offensive. The initial reaction was incredulity for a split second and then a majority of people went on the attack. Basically the prevailing opinion was you are one person and how dare you ask to change the station when you know we are Christian. Was I trying to sensor their freedom of expression? Was I wrong in asking that it be switched when it has been done in the past? The judgement later was that because the person driving the care is in charge, they get to decide the music, this after saying we need to respect everyone's journey to the truth. Am I making a mountain of a mole hill?

Levi_Hinton 7 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Find more reasonable friends to ride with.

Nope. They were being inconsiderate assholes. You expressed your discomfort with their choice of station. Instead of finding one everyone could agree upon, they attacked you.
Next time, take your own car. I wouldn't carpool with any of them ever again.

For a job? I'd complain to the point of a lawsuit.
Otherwise, I'd get new friends.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27323
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.