Agnostic.com

8 0

A cuppa

So do we have any others here who love a nice cuppa for no better reason than it is comforting and warm.

For my fellow "colonists" Im talking about tea. The whole prepare your teapot, measure out the looseleaf (tea bags ? Horrors) allow to steep properly ? Serve with your choice of sugar or honey or lemon or cream or any combination thereof

Im not British (although I do have a legitimate title in the UK, not royalty, gosh no) I just appreciate the way they do tea and biscuits (cookies. On this side of the Atlantic puddle).

So whats your pleasure for "elevenses" ?

• 7 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 4 votes
KynthiaAlice 4 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Loves me some straight black GOOD coffee. If it’s not good enough to drink Black it’s not fit for consumption.

Lived in the UK until I was 26, but have always preferred coffee.

Hmmm Elevenses..it that the total number of shots or ounces per tea cup?

Tea with a snack at 11:00 am.

"Elevenses" really I am outside working then not a lot of time for coffee, tea or JD.

A good cup of gunfire in the morning . I.e tea so strong with sugar and a little milk that you can stand your spoon up in it . Then coffee for the rest of the day .... Espresso of course .

I am a heathen!! I brew several bags of herbal teas in the morning, pour it over ice, and take it to work with me. Straight up, no sweeteners. I may do other herbal teas at night to help me sleep, those might be warmish. When I go out to restaurants I drink Iced tea, again straight up. Most work mornings I also drink coffee, that needs to be sweet and creamy. And I compost the used tea bags/teas leaves.

It's not a comfort if there are rules in place. Tea, much like people, is different from cup to cup. I love breakfast teas because they are stronger sonare made to hold up to sugar and milk, or cream, if I'm feeling a little bougie.

It's you cuppa, enjoy it the way that comforts you best !

I do like a slice of lemon in my tea and maybe a touch of honey.

Other: All the above, each in its own respective place and time. Mostly, tea (traditional or bags) in the "evening" and coffee in the "morning". Since I am mostly nocturnal, those times may not align with the traditionally named timeslots.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27348
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.