Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Border security -- what is it?

Nancy pelosi answers the stupid question "why aren't you [doing stuff that she and the democrats ARE actually doing]" and further explains what border security REALLY involves (hint: it's not about a wall).

g

genessa 8 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What erks me is that we don't acknowledge that we are much to blame for these immigrants coming to the USA:

1. We consume the drugs that cartels smuggle the drugs that cause the violance that cause the people to flee for there lives.
  2. We created nafta which in turn wiped out the small farmers and small business that employed people who subsequently had to migrate the USA so they can feed thier families.

The truth is that we could end most of the migration I to the USA by forcing business to use evarify. We don't force the use everify because businesses WANT the undocumented migrants for cheep labor and no benefits.

So, to all those who want to build the wall, I say, let them eat $30 salads.

there is some truth in what you say but some misinformation implied. for example, the cartels are not coming through where the wall would be. they are coming through legitimate checkpoints and if we spent some money hiring more people to check incoming traffic at those checkpoints maybe we'd catch some of them. even more, they're coming in by plane and boat, and the wall wouldn't stop those. in addition, we should not be stopping asylum-seekers at all, regardless of whether or not we caused the problem to start with. both u.s. and international law demands that we accept legitimate asylum-seekers, and there is no need for us to incarcerate them while they wait for judges to hear their cases. ankle bracelets have worked fine in the past; almost all of them have always shown up for their hearings. separating them from their children is unconscionable (but profitable for the private prison industry of course). i am not sure nafta is to blame for the refugees; that didn't involve the countries from which they are fleeing. as for mexico itself, we have NEGATIVE immigration from mexico at the moment. so we can't blame nafta for what actually isn't happening.

g

@genessa not sure where I implied that a wall was in anyway necessary. I certainly did not intend to. A wall is a stupid idea.

The point I was trying to make was that too many Americans don't understand that we are the cause of many of the problems that cause people to flee their countries and head out way.

It's true that there is a negative migration from Mexico. This is because Mexico's economy is re stabilizing and growing. A major destabilization occurred when, as a result.of NAFTA and technological advantages, much of their small farms and cattle ranches were wiped out. Because we subsedize our farms and livestock industry, the small farms and cattle ranches couldn't compete. So, many had to migrate on order to feed and take care of their famalies. These migrants are leaving because they can now find jobs in the big cities and because we have scared them away.

To be clear. I am pro migrants. The fact is that our economy depends on them I believe that it is inhumane how they are treated when they are aprehendid and by many of their employers here. Also, it is their right to seek asylum and are not breaking the law. They ha e long been used as political pawns and deserve better.

@Jay1313132018 okay, that makes more sense, even though for me the jury is out about nafta.

g

It's a good thing we don't live in an age of cheap drones that could fly over a wall. We have also not invented ropes, ladders, or shovels yet, so the wall should be impervious.

I still think Clinton should announce she is for a moat with Canada just to see what Fox News and Trump says. Maybe we could fill the moat with piranha or something.

Remember that once the Mexicans discover airplanes the border wall looks pretty tame. Donnie is giving a snow job to his support base.

we already have piranhas - in the white house, the senate, the cabinet....

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:274074
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.