Agnostic.com

14 1

As more drumpf associates go down and his castle crumbles, do you feel compassion for any of his subordinates?

I watched Colbert slam Sarah Sanders last night and it seemed mean. She looked so pitiful. Isn't the way a righteous person treats another based on who the righteous person is, and nothing else?
Do we need to allow a soft landing for some?

• 36 votes
  • 1 vote
CallMeDave 8 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sarah Sanders is an adult with adult responsibilities. She alone decided -- with no one holding a gun to her head -- to shill for a morally empty asshole to help him destroy the underpinnings of civil society in American and the world. She alone decides to get up each and every day and deny truth and lie repeatedly with a straight face. To contradict herself when it suits her to change the narrative.

One can argue that she is so lost that she doesn't know right from wrong, truth from falsity ... but I don't really buy that. I actually think more of her than that.

Sometimes the best ultimate kindness is to not buy (and validate) someone's bullshit.

All the people who have chosen to get on board the trump train deserve all the ridicule that they get.

They're all adults who made their choices in life.

There are people working around trump and his swamp rats who deserve sympathy because they entered into employment with good intentions (my assumption I know). I try to look for the good in people and sometimes get burned. Having said that, Sanders knew what trump was all about, got the job via her father, and knowingly lies daily. Actually that's kind of her job description. She deserves nothing but scorn.

No. These people chose their path.

Della Level 6 Jan 26, 2019

They are not innocent. Everyone must atone for their own sin. Their punishment needs to be severe in order to discourage bad behavior in the future. In fact I would extend this concept to all Trump supporters. We all need to remember people we know who were hard line supporters of this on going travesty.
Their punishment? They need to be harshly discouraged from ever offering their political opinions until they can prove that their judgment has improved sufficiently to offer an intelligent contribution to any political conversation. I will do my best to try to forgive them, but I will never forget.
In a Democratic Republic all citizens are responsible for their own choices as well as the actions of their chosen representatives. Bad choices equal harsh consequences. Thats how people and societies evolve. Its Darwinian truth.

I voted no mercy but I do feel for Betsy DeVos right now. This is because she had a bike wreck and broke her pelvis and hip. Replacement surgery has been done and she is recovering and in a lot of pain right now. I do not like this woman but I can only wish stuff like this on Cheeto himself!

I wish them no physical harm anything else is fair game imo. You can't try to (literally) destroy peoples lives and then expect everyone to be nice to you.

Dietl Level 7 Jan 26, 2019

They deserve to go down with him. No sympathy.

Well, when Sarah S. is lampooned for the way she looks, that is unfair. There are some very unflattering photos of her out there! And sometimes comedians cannot help but use those 'snap shots' of a person to really make their point resonate. The most unfortunate of photos sometimes when it comes to Sarah's uneven eyes. So I feel a little sorry for her in that respect. But, whenever Sanders is held to the fire for what she says and for what the president says (or lies about, more likely) all I can say is she gets what she deserves for taking the job and underestimating the intelligence of the American people. It takes very thick skin to be the representative of DT to the press and the public. I haven't seen the exact footage of what Colbert said but I watch him quite a bit and consider him a very good satirist and not a mean person by nature. (Mostly because I already agree with 99% of his observations about the current president and White House Staff.)

Love to see Saah Huckabitch fall and flounder - spit at her: "it's god's will."

The subordinates CHOSE to work for Don the Con.

Why would I

Do you have sympathy for the people who watch the vandal smash something good and do nothing to stop it.

Excellent point!!!

Oh hell no!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:274398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.