Agnostic.com

39 1

Would you be a better god than the god of the bible? If so - how?

Think about it, you are omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient and everything that goes with it, you created the universe. Would you allow people to suffer? We would all say no. But can you describe what a human life would be like if you were god?

Rugglesby 8 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nah..I'd suck at it cause I spend alot of time thinking about my boobs..

pretty sure God has no probs with that lol

That is the kind of worship I could get into.

Like new pic...but did not know about boobs, until you told!

It is my opinion that no one could be much worse than the god of the bible.

That was my thought as I wrote the question, on any level.

Yup wipe out humanity start again with squirrels

I'd come clean and tell everyone I don't exist. 😉

like it

I’d probably just smite almost everyone.

This is a wonderful true story. The religion faculty of a College went to a reception for the new college president held by the president's wife. The faculty members noticed that no liquor was served and mentioned that to the wife.

"Oh," she replied. "We don't drink. We're Christians."

The chairman of the religion faculty said, "Well, Jesus drank wine you know?"

Without skipping a beat the president's wife said, sadly, "Yes. But he would've been a better Christ if he hadn't."

It'd be real difficult to be worse.

First of all, if I was perfect, I wouldn't be so needy as to need everyone to worship my existence. If I was all powerful and could hear everyone's prayers, I think I would answer them all. That way, people really could rely on me.There would really be no need for work of suffering because I would end all that. Wars, who would dare start a war with a powerful god like me watching over all my people? Your lives would only be limited by your imaginations. Weather everywhere would be like a good day in Hawaii. Enough mist in the early hours to water all that needs it. I'm perfect so why not? I could go on and on but basically all life would be better if I had the power that the deluded people believe god has.

another contender for the position.

I'd be a teacher. Not a threatener.

If I wanted people to be good, I would just simply make them GOOD! That way I wouldn't have to, subsequently, create Hell...or drown the entire population. Also, I would take a refresher course in Physical Science, so that I would know that I should create the SUN before the 3rd day...and other creation blunders. 😐

yeah I know, it seems so easy.

I wouldn't be such an asshole!

kill fewer people an stay in therapy

What a waste , All hail the squirrel god !!!

Hell, yes. First thing, I wouldn’t be a psychotic mass murderer. I wouldn’t have the pathological need to be worshipped. As a creative god, I’d have a better knowledge of science and engineering than the contemporaries of the time. I wouldn’t condone slavery. For you Xtians...I wouldn’t pull a Harvey Weinstein on Mary.

Oh no, I'd make a terrible god. I'm biased, jaded, cynical, and would likely cover the land in smites like springtime pollen. I'd have an army of holy asskickers that I'd point straight toward Congress, the KKK, and every televangelist just for a start. There'd be so much work to do I'd be exhausted within a few days and create a whole new planet as my own personal resort and vacation there for a few months... or years... and invent a pizza that had no calories, no fat, no sodium, no cholesterol but had three times the flavor. So yea... I'd be the best god in the history of gods. 😀

seafood pizza and I might convert.

Lol. and that's why we are not gods. Each has his/her own version of good and bad.

Doesn't everyone think they'd be better? Don't believers want god to be the god they want? That's why none of us are gods--thank goodness.

I bet they do, but is he?

And fwiw I would allow ppl to suffer, yes, of course. Who would be dictated to, in order to alleviate this suffering, otherwise?

I dunno, but I do know I don't want to be.

God's act of mass genocide, Noah's flood, supposedly killed ALL HUMANS with the exception of a single family, ALL ANIMALS that could not live in the open sea at least, and ALL PLANTS that required dry land.

The terrifying thing is that even Adolph Hitler's mass butchery of the jews, or Joseph Stalin's purges, are barely significant in comparison.

There is NO HUMAN BEING IN HISTORY that has been as genocidally psychopathic as god. So 'Would you be a better god than the god of the bible?' - Yes! Even Hitler and Stalin would!

Ha what has "the God of the bible" done to you lol

I would like to think I would. I wouldn't allow hatred of any kind. But as far as saying no I would deal with each circumstance on it's own merit.

I would not want that position in any way shape or form! It is way above my pay grade!

I dunno, but I do know I don't want to be.

Id take away our selfish gene. id make money obsolete, id make it so nothing died but stayed the same without breeding anymore. id vaporise instantly without pain all the shit bags. you wouldn't need to eat or drink. music playing everywhere. there's much more but my world would rock. I know its a load of shit but still better than options now lol.

i would make equal-pan-gendered humans without the greed gene.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.