Agnostic.com

30 7

What's "contagious?"

I'm thinking a genuine laugh. But, moods in general, I can catch them. What do you find contagious?

silvereyes 8 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Accents. After spending time in Tennessee, I came back with a southern drawl. Took me weeks to shake it. Same thing spending just a weekend in Newark. I came back saying "water" like "whaduh", and "auditorium" like "oo-aw-ditorium".

I grew up near Chicago and never thought I had an accent until I moved to California and people made fun of the way I talk. (Think "Da Bears" skit on SNL) lol

Raised in Oklahoma, I spent 15 years going aid work in Africa. One of my greatest achievements was leaving behind a few African friends speaking with a 'twang'.

@silvereyes Another you!! How many pictures do you have? (I hope not as many as questions!) Makes me want to change my picture, maybe.

@silvereyes You're probably getting tired of my usual response. Do you take the pics or hubby? Actually, the pictures are nice.

@silvereyes I was so tempted to make a comment but won't or else I might get into trouble. Lets just say with all this sitting, one of me might need a wide-angle lens.

As I child a child I thought it how long it took a taxi or plumber to arrive 'cos my dad always said "It's taking the contagious to get here " 😉

I see what you did, there.

yawns, ice cream cravings, if you see someone scratching do you often feel an itch, like right now on your elbows.

Beware the Skittles Pox

jeffy Level 7 Feb 22, 2018

Laughter tends to be contagious, I recall that I was once in a restaurant with a friend and he told me a joke and I burst into loud laughter and could not stop laughing. Everyone in the restaurant began to stare at me at first but it was not long before the entire restaurant was filled laughter.

I was going to say "rhinovirus," but…

That's just cold. 😀

@Meep70 Sometimes it gives me chills.

@resserts I'll keep my nose out of it.

@Meep70 Oh, c'mon, I know you have a fever for this stuff. Cough it up!

@resserts Hey, there's no reason to get snotty about it.

@Meep70 We should probably wrap this up; this thread is feeling a bit congested.

@resserts If we do, we shouldn't breathe a word of it to anyone.

@Meep70 Your reasoning is infectious.

I agree with you on the genuine laugh. Right now it seems like we need a rage vaccine too. Not sure if it is contagious, but stupid seems to be spreading at a really fast rate

Love and hate

Puppies,kittens apple pie and a good pork chop!

I think fear of heights is contagious. I have never met so many people with a fear of heights as I have in Louisiana. It's really weird.

Absolutely real laughter. Especially out-of-control laughter. So fun!

The best!

Yawns
Laughter (especially "the giggles" )
Communicable Disease <grin>
Menstrual Cycles (this is a myth and I think it's actually been disproved, but "seems" to happen a lot)

before white man in america ALL the girls had" that week" right around the full moon so the girls were left in a space by themselves for the WHOLE WEEK / the men looked after the kids and cooking . boy did things change

Annoyance with trolls like DoucheyDave

Contagious is anything that takes over your body from emotions, diseases, or enthusiasm.

As of late I think it might be stupidity.

If someone else started to eat something I wasn't going to, then I saw it now I'm eating. 🙂

Cabin fever. At a certain point in winter... everyone begins to complain about how far away spring is. We’re going through this in Minneapolis these days.

Cakes Level 4 Feb 22, 2018

Dance fever. 2 people get up , 4 people get up . F--- it I'm getting up

My first thought is that "Contagious" is a song released in 2001 by the Isley Brothers featuring R. Kelly and Chanté Moore. Then, I realized that might not be what you mean. For me, puns are contagious, and by that, I don't mean that they make me ill, though the effect on others might be less benign. 🙂

The beat....

@silvereyes NO! Make it stop! My mind immediately went there, too, though--BEFORE I saw what you commented. Freak. 😛

@silvereyes walk like an egyptian

Apparently this nasty little rash I have developed.

They say misery loves company. But for me I seem to sense when someone is depressed and will even get a bit depressed myself. Conversely happy people also seem to help my mood. Don’t know if that is contagious. But it’s definitely something that affects me,

Yawns I believe they maybe the most contagious thing on the planet seems I can even catch from my dogs or cats. The second thing I have noticed that is highly contagious is acting goofy(silly) that has the power to disrupt even to most solemn of events.

Certain catchy or interesting tunes. I find my self playing a lot of famous or popular tunes on my guitar by accident as a result. Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.