Agnostic.com

7 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ohferpetessake..........why not just ask? Hold yer breathe until it answers

Did you read the article?

@tnorman1236 I read everything, 800+words per minute. I do not just nod my head as I plow through, however, I try to Think at the same time. I know that some people enjoy conjecture, etc...I do not. Sue me!

@AnneWimsey It's okay to disagree. It just seemed that some people were commenting on the title alone, which does sound like some woo, and I wanted to make sure it was at least given a hearing.

@tnorman1236 well...IMO kind of woo.......lol!

lol...define Conscious. is a plant leaning into the sun conscious? the bare foot on a cold floor? tasting ice cream? strange one....i thought perhaps it was Conscious when it was "on a mind".

Consciousness is not magical. It just seems magical to use because we fool ourselves into believing we are aware of far, far more than we actually are.

My late husband was a metal worker. He believed that metal was conscious. So, I guess some people can believe it's possible.

um... no. not by itself.

g

Would it matter?

godef Level 7 Jan 28, 2019

That is the big question of all times, how is it possible that ourselves, being made of matter, have developed consciousness. Even more interesting, at what point do we get consciousness? At conception? At birth? At certain age?

I would postulate, at least for males, when we discover our penis.

@jlynn37 c'mon dude, we are trying to get serious here ???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276092
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.