Agnostic.com

12 0

What are some things that give you hope?

brandonut 4 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Watching people taking care of people, no matter what the reason. Hurricane Harvey was an awesome example. With all the negative things that abound in the world , there is still good in everyone.

Robert Mueller

That I can control my life.

My kids, and the adults they've become.

All the many people I've seen on here, talking about the things they do to help people, help me see the world in a more hopeful way.

All four of my millennial children. They're on fire for a better country and world.
My dog because she's so innocent and unconditional in her loyalty and love. Humans could learn so very much.

Not much else gives me the hope that these entities do. I'm exhausted and so sick of the struggle; they're here, they're my pillars when I need extra strength. They're the reason that I haul my ass outta bed each morning.

Volunteering as a college mentor at Wenatchee High School since 2006 gives me hope for the future. I help low income, first generation students write essays for college and scholarship applications.

The first girl I mentored, Yulia, is an engineer at Puget Sound Shipyards. A Russian immigrant, Yuliya speaks five languages and is a trail runner. The second picture shows her on graduation day at Eastern Washington University.

In June 2018, I took three young ladies I previously mentored on a day hike around Icicle Gorge.

From left: Tammy, a Vietnamese immigrant, is studying to be a neurosurgeon. Elizabet will be a pediatrician. Before applying for medical school, Elizabet is volunteering in rural Oregon, helping minority hospice patients and their families. Teresa is an accountant and community leader who has been asked to run for public office when she gets older.

It thrills me to send these kids to college.

I don't use it anymore. It's against my religion.

skado Level 9 Jan 28, 2019

The millenials...l hope.

@commie1776 We will see. In the 60's and 70's I felt that and while there were strides made, a lot of it went to hell. Bush Jr and Trump are perfect examples of how it can go South in a hurry.

The millenials give me hope. I've organized campaigns with them and they are ao energized for change.

As the saying goes, Hope springs eternal, but mine seems to have lost its elasticity these days.

The women and people of color marching, running for office and winning seats in government give me hope. The West Virginia teachers give me hope. The polls showing that a significant majority of Americans support liberal causes give me hope.

OHJim Level 5 Jan 28, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.